1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

WaveSecure..

1. tfm217

tfm217 Active Member

Should this app always stay open? Should I exclude it from the list of apps that close when I clear the task manager?

I'm guessing it will take up virtually no memory unless someone tampers with the phone?

Advertisement
    :
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

It should stay open in memory - otherwise you cannot access your phone to find it if it is not running and the phone gets stolen....
  3. Gulfstream

Gulfstream Well-Known Member

I just did an experiment, I killed Wavesecure and went online and tracked my phone...worked perfectly. Wavesecure sends a text mesage to the phone which seems to open the app to memory...as it was now listed as an open app. So, I would say it doesn't matter if you kill the app and don't have it open.
  4. cheewee

cheewee Well-Known Member

Hi all,
    WaveSecure will still work even if you kill it using a task manager.

Also, we will be releasing an update to WaveSecure for Android. It will include the most asked feature, auto backup!

It should be on Android Market by the end of the day! Watch out for it.

Thanks,
    cheewee
    Team WaveSecure
    www.wavesecure.com
  5. DarkTLRrider

DarkTLRrider Well-Known Member

I feel much better with this app on my phone. Lost my Treo and the panic I felt. Nice app by the way.
  6. peadar

peadar Well-Known Member

Yes, it's a wonderful app. I recommend it highly.
  7. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

is there a charge now for wave secure?

edit forget it. i see the cost. a bit extreme
  8. metalk9

metalk9 New Member

Force stopping and wiping the cache from the application menu on my Desire was enough to kill wave secure. When I subsequently try to lock or get a location from the web intereface the phone recieves the sms messages, but nothing happens :(