1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Way to define what apps can/can't produce sound?

1. Maltiriel

Maltiriel New Member

I've had one too many apps unexpectedly make noise when I really don't want it to. So I'm wondering if there's any way to whitelist or blacklist which apps are allowed to make noises and which aren't. Basically there are a good many (most, even) apps I want to be permanently muted, whereas a few select other apps I don't want to be muted. I hate having the single "media" volume control for everything, so I was wondering if there's any way around this.

I've been googling a bit and the results I found indicated that probably this isn't possible, but I'd really like to know for sure.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

Welcome Maltiriel!
    I would think that any app that has notification ability, also would have settings to control the sound volume or the sound itself. You could check to see if an apps' sound is set to "silent" within its settings.
    Hope that helps a little:)
  3. Maltiriel

Maltiriel New Member

Thanks for the welcome and reply.

I was thinking more along the lines of a system-wide setting rather than having to go into each app separately. Ideally what I would like is to be able to specify which apps can make sound and have everything else be muted... Is anything like that possible?
  4. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

Not that I'm aware of :confused:
  5. Maltiriel

Maltiriel New Member

Ah, thanks, that's kinda what I thought. Oh well. I'm just really picky about sound... I have my computer muted most of the time, too.
  6. miskairal

miskairal Member

I'd like to see something like this too. I generally have my tablet on silent mode but there are some things I like to hear.
  7. alicemenezes

alicemenezes Well-Known Member

Every app/ game obviously has an option for sound on/ of. But uh... as you said you wouldn't want to go into each app, there should now be an app to manage all the sounds as well as settings of each installed app.