Way to disable Location Setting Icon?Support

Last Updated:

1. lvlln

lvlln Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So obviously, I need to enable Location Settings in order to get GPS ability in Google Maps. But I don't see why it needs to have an icon taking up valuable space in the status bar (as a side note, there's an icon to indicate that it's OFF, so you can't NOT have a location setting icon on there). There was no such icon on my Droid.

Is there a way to disable this icon that anyone knows of? With Wifi/3G, the battery meter, alarm clock, the time, and the bars, they take up over half of my status bar.

The problem is compounded by the fact that I have a battery app that always displays the exact battery percentage on the left side (another side note; why isn't the exact percentage shown on the default battery icon? Even the iPhone has that).

Advertisement
    cdodge likes this.
  2. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

It's actually a 911 service icon and is mandated to be there :(

3. cdodge

cdodge Well-Known Member

I asked this awhile back to. I am not sure why we need this icon as it does take up space in the task bar. I don't think its rewuired because the droid and ally do not have this.

4. lvlln

lvlln Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

That's either not true, or Motorola is breaking the law with the Droid. And since the Droid runs default Android software, I'm guessing this applies to HTC and the Nexus One as well...

5. cdodge

cdodge Well-Known Member

I am hoping that it will get removed once (if) we get root.