• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Way to Go Verizon!

Hawkmech

May 2, 2010
Get everyone hyped up about your new phone and then run out of them for weeks to come. Even to the point of running commercials advertising the phone you dont have any inventory on. Come on you knew it was going to sell well, the first real competition to the Iphone on Verizon. The best way to kill hype is to run out of stock. I am not sure if I will be patient enough to wait for you to get stock.

Get everyone hyped up about your new phone and then run out of them for weeks to come. Even to the point of running commercials advertising the phone you dont have any inventory on. Come on you knew it was going to sell well, the first real competition to the Iphone on Verizon. The best way to kill hype is to run out of stock. I am not sure if I will be patient enough to wait for you to get stock.

There have been many threads about this. IT IS NOT VERIZON'S FAULT.

HTC has trouble getting the parts to build the phones.

From http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37159445/ns/technology_and_science-wireless/,
"In particular, McAdam said Verizon is unable to keep up with strong demand for the Droid Incredible smartphone from HTC, due in part to component shortages such as the advanced screens made by Samsung Electronics."

Upvote 0
There have been many threads about this. IT IS NOT VERIZON'S FAULT.

HTC has trouble getting the parts to build the phones.

Agreed ... people need to realize that the folks over at HTC marketing are not ******ed. Its not like they are sitting there and were like "dude, how do we sell this? .. oh i duno, lets just make 100 ... oh man, thats a lot, you sure?"

Surely if you as a consumer are sitting here thinking "there isn't enough in stock" you can 100% bet that HTC as the supplier is thinking "shit lets get this stuff out as fast as possible"

Also, preorders are usually done to create marketing estimates ... they obviously knew it was gunna sell well....you would be naive to think that they just sat back and let it happen. Relax...its worth the wait

Upvote 0
I am not sure if I will be patient enough to wait for you to get stock.

Ohhh ... this always works. Hold your breath and kick & scream 'til you get your way.

Are you writing this in hopes that Ivan Seidenberg will read it? 'Cause I hear he frequents these forums quite a bit.

As has already been stated ad nauseum ... it's not Verizon's fault. There have been some delays in manufacturing due to lack of hardware. If you were so worried about getting one ASAP, then you should have pre ordered it.

Upvote 0
Then maybe Verizon should put a hold on its ads for the time being.

"Hey guys, let's not market the phone before it comes out, but once it's out, and we don't have inventory, let's start marketing it!" - Verizon.
From my little knowledge of marketing/advertising, contractual agreements on duration, time-slots, etc. are made beforehand with networks and the OEMs/carriers. So unless VZW/HTC magically already knew ahead of time that they were going to have a shortage of screens, the ads were going to be aired at the agreed time. I may be wrong on this since I'm in a completely different field of work

Upvote 0

AMOLED supplies running low. Doubtful hype machine is involved. And you aren't the only one waiting. There could literally be tens of thousands waiting for it. Patience is a virtue, my friend. :)

Then maybe Verizon should put a hold on its ads for the time being.

"Hey guys, let's not market the phone before it comes out, but once it's out, and we don't have inventory, let's start marketing it!" - Verizon.

Too funny, I was thinking the same when I heard a commercial on the radio. I even posted a tweet about it. However Woop has a valid idea.

From my little knowledge of marketing/advertising, contractual agreements on duration, time-slots, etc. are made beforehand with networks and the OEMs/carriers. So unless VZW/HTC magically already knew ahead of time that they were going to have a shortage of screens, the ads were going to be aired at the agreed time. I may be wrong on this since I'm in a completely different field of work

That could be true, especially if VzW put money in to reserve those slots and contract signed.

Upvote 0
Everyone I know who has ordered it through Verizon online has seen it ship within a week of placing the order, well before the "Will Ship By" date on the website.

Order it online, and you'll have it within a week...

Maybe early on or depending on the region. I've ordered online 5/10 and it's going on 8 business day without package in hand.

Upvote 0

exactly!!. buying advertising time, making a commercial(hiring, marketing firms), forecasting..atleast they have a product that's hot, there are other consumer items that aren't so lucky..

Upvote 0

I wouldnt doubt that they stopped production until they fix all the signal fadded/dropped calls, terrible reception, and many other bugs in the phone.

Upvote 0
I wouldnt doubt that they stopped production until they fix all the signal fadded/dropped calls, terrible reception, and many other bugs in the phone.
You're basing that on a troubleshoot forum (this forum). How many users does this represent compared to the entire pool of Incredible owners? I have not had any of those problems you listed and I know a good number of people who also havent experienced anything listed.

Upvote 0
We switched from AT&T for better service and better customer service. We added 18 incredibles because the corporate salesmen told me they would be the best phones out there. Well from the 18, we got replacements for 16. We currently only have 1 left. Dont tell me there are not massive problems. Maybe you dont care because you dont use your phone a lot or for business, but they constantly would drop calls - people would have a hard time hearing me, the signal strength NOT THE FREAKING BARS FOR THE 3535235 TIME sucked, battery was pathetic, tons of bugs on the phones, lots of them randomly restarted
Just an expensive POS if you ask me. iphone is the same price for a way higher quality phone - but yes the service sucks

Upvote 0
We switched from AT&T for better service and better customer service. We added 18 incredibles because the corporate salesmen told me they would be the best phones out there. Well from the 18, we got replacements for 16. We currently only have 1 left. Dont tell me there are not massive problems. Maybe you dont care because you dont use your phone a lot or for business, but they constantly would drop calls - people would have a hard time hearing me, the signal strength NOT THE FREAKING BARS FOR THE 3535235 TIME sucked, battery was pathetic, tons of bugs on the phones, lots of them randomly restarted
Just an expensive POS if you ask me. iphone is the same price for a way higher quality phone - but yes the service sucks
Considering you just made this thread:
http://androidforums.com/htc-incredible/82267-trident-needs-relax.html

I will ignore that post due to your possible unstable mental status.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones