way to hack wifi hotspot to work?

1. fplives

fplives Member

Does anyone know if there is a way of using the wifi hotspot app without paying extra for the service? Or do you have to install a custom rom?Thanks for the help!:confused:

Advertisement
  2. steeljack99

steeljack99 Well-Known Member

Wireless Tether for Root Users
    or
    PdaNet+

(Assuming you are rooted since you are in this section)"Wireless tether for Root Users" worked before the JB update, not sure now, but to get it to work you have to change the device profile in the apps settings to "Epic 4G Touch" NOT "Samsung Galaxy SII" to get it to work.

PdaNet+ Works with USB tethering and i much prefer it since the data speeds are much faster through usb. You will need to install a small program on your PC to get that to work but it tells you in the app to download it,
    NO ROOT NEEDED FOR PDANET+!!! BUT it it has limits to your tethering until you buy the Unlock key for it, but the key is cheap and worth it to not pay that fee to Virgin Mobile for tethering :p
  3. miediev

miediev Well-Known Member

I couldn't get WiFi tether for root to work on my phone, PDA net did work quite easily for me though. The only downside is pda net has a data limit for the free version. WiFi tether is free so if you can get it working and dont want to pay anything its the better choice.
  4. steeljack99

5. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

It may have changed since I last used it but the main limitation to the free version of PdaNet was that you couldn't connect to secure websites using https.
    OB
  6. steeljack99

its has changed, that's no longer the case, it will disconnect you every 60mb or so and prompt you to buy the full app, you then have to go on your phone uncheck USB tether and recheck it and then reconnect it on the PC, its quite annoying. but i bought the full app so yeah
    OverByter likes this.
  7. OverByter

Yeah you're right, I just checked their website, it is currently on sale for $7.95 instead of the usual $14.95 though, I'm thinking of grabbing it just for backup in case my broadband goes down.
    OB
  8. pbrstanwood

pbrstanwood Well-Known Member

I need help I would like to tether my Samsung galaxy s2 with virgin mobile to my Samsung galaxy note 8. do I need to root to do that without paying for it? Could someone let me know what to do and how to do it

Thanks Robin:)
  9. steeljack99

10. OverByter

Duplicate threads merged. :D
    OB