Way to prevent accidental "end call"

Last Updated:

1. xraychick01

xraychick01 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm baaaaack. Sorry for so many posts but I have another question that I can't figure out. I got a call and while I was talking my cheek hit the "end call" button. I'm thinking this might start being an issue. I have my screen set to time out after 15 sec but that was apparently still enough time for my cheek to end the call lol. Is there a setting somewhere on the phone where I can change it to when I get a call the screen goes blank faster?

Advertisement
  2. tekonus

tekonus Well-Known Member

...how far away do you hold the phone from your head? It should kill the screen when you are in a call and holding it to your face... There are sensors on the front of the phone for that.

3. tpbklake

tpbklake Well-Known Member

Are you holding the phone in your right or left hand? The proximity sensor works best when you hold the phone in your right hand.

4. xraychick01

Interesting. I hold the phone up against my ear and cheek and with my right hand.
    I will pay attention next time I get/make a call.

5. tekonus

tekonus Well-Known Member

I almost always hold the phone in my left hand while talking. I've never had a problem or noticed anything funny. :confused:

6. CGG318

CGG318 Member

x2.

Xraychick01, do you have a cover/case on your phone? Some will block the proximity sensor, causing it to behave strangely. I had to make a cut out on my current skin to prevent it from blocking the sensor.

7. xraychick01

No, I don't have a cover on it...yet. I did order one though. I tested it out last night and it worked. I will have to check out my new cover to make sure it won't block the sensor. Thanks!