1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Way to separate direct calls and forwarded calls?Support

1. bwsmith

bwsmith Well-Known Member

Not sure if there is a way to do this. I have my personal EVO that i run a side business through. But I am going to have to have my actual 9 to 5 work phone forwarded to my cell. I can't have business calls going to my personal voicemail. Is there a way to have the phone differentiate between someone who calls my phone number directly and ones that are forwarded?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Schwin97

Schwin97 Well-Known Member

Get Google Voice! With the voice number, you can use your contact groups to determine what voicemail a caller accesses. With this, you can have your friends go to your personal voicemail, and anyone else go to a business voicemail.

It's not perfect as there may be people calling you that aren't in your contacts but aren't business related, but at least most everyone is sorted correctly.
  3. bwsmith

Unfortunately that won't work because of my side business it is all unknown numbers.
  4. RestivoBC

RestivoBC Well-Known Member

But if they all are forwarded to your google voice number, it shouldn't matter. They will get your google voice voicemail, and not your phone's.
  5. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

Can't do much about voicemailb but give your forwarded work calls a distinctive ring. Make the vm simple so nothing stands out (eg. Thanks for calling. Sorry not able to take call. Leave msg.)
  6. bwsmith

I already use google voice for voicemail so I can use GoogleVoice voicemail for one and onboard voicemail for the other. Can I have both working at once and still get all my calls?

How do you set up different ringtones for calls to my actual # versus my Voice #?
  7. Rigmaster

Don't know about YGM. I have one home, one biz, and my cell all ring at my cell. My de home calls have a ringtone, my biz has another, and my direct call has it's own so I always know where the calls are coming from. Works perfectly without FBI.
  8. Rigmaster

GFBI that is. Darn auto correct actually chose FBI.
  9. bwsmith

ok, I THINK you answered my question, but I don't know what any of those abbreviations mean. but if I read that right, you forward your business line and your home line to your cell and have a different ringtone for each. If so, how did you set that up?