Way to set different-colored LEDs for different notifications?

Last Updated:

1. karimarie

karimarie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I know Gmail always comes up as a green LED on my Droid, and that's fine. Also, I use Handcent SMS, and I can change the color of notification on that, so I have it set to pink (seemed like fun at the time.) I'd love an app that would let me choose the colors of other notification LEDs. Anyone know of one like that? I tried using the Market to search for notification and LED, but didn't find anything.

Advertisement
  2. T0LLPHR33

T0LLPHR33 Well-Known Member

good question...i'm definitely interested to read more about...:D

i found nothing so far...

3. blazingwolf

blazingwolf Well-Known Member

Missed Reminder can do that.

4. karimarie

I saw that, but it's only for texts and calls. I already have reminder lights for those. I'd like to see reminder lights that we can add to other apps and customize for existing apps with alerts... for example, I use the Twitter widget, so if I get updated tweets, I'd get a blue light. Right now Gmail is a green LED, but I'd rather have it red (since Gmail's icon is red+white.) Something like that.

5. joneee

joneee Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that this app will be coming to the Android market soon. May not by this year's end, but definitely by next year. It's been out on the Blackberry World for some time now and it was my favorite app.

6. Telexen

Telexen Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if a single app can even handle it. Apps send a signal to the OS to control the LED...not to a 3rd party application.

Google needs to do a better job of setting up standard apps along with asking developers to allow for the selection of color with LED use when they use the LED for notifications.

7. zachd

zachd Well-Known Member

How do you get missed reminder to override the factory LED? I cant seem to get it to work over the green LED

8. karimarie

Whoohooo!! Thanks!! :)

9. Achilles

Achilles New Member

I've found where you can see the LED color by contact for incoming txts. You get a choice of about 7 colors...white not an option if memory serves.