way to show full name of files/programs?Support

Last Updated:

1. Statik

Statik New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all, new forums user here. Had my i9000 for about 2 weeks now and still trying to work out a few very small things to make my phones exactly the way I want it. One thing that has escaped me thus far despite all my googling and digging through menus and options in the phone is a way to display the full titles of programs. Ie: I'm running Opera Mini and the icon in the applications menu and on my home screen says "Opera Min" and then the text fades off. I would like it to just say "Opera Mini." Eight characters(ish) for a filename is so Windows 3.1, I would think there would be a way to have the full name displayed. Any help is appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. Statik

Can someone at least confirm that this happens on all Galaxy S's? If that's not the case then I know it's an option I've just managed to overlook.

edit: just to be super clear, the Bell Canada version of the Galaxy S is specifically what I'm asking about, the i9000 as indicated in the first post.

3. JiMMaR

JiMMaR Well-Known Member

actually , this happens on all android phones
    that's how android displays apps

4. Statik

Funny they wouldn't put in an option to change that, I find it kinda annoying. I guess I'll go enjoy a game of Classic Tet while I try to find a way around it. Thanks for the info.