Way to sync phone contacts and FB friends?Support

Last Updated:

1. EmOtaku

EmOtaku Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone figured out a way to sync their phone contacts with their FB friends to get photo profiles?

I have the FB app installed but there doesn't seem to be a friends sync feature like the iPhone app has. Is there a way to connect them or will I just have to manually assign photos to all my contacts?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. stormdroid

stormdroid Member

What I did was go to the top of the contacts menu make sure you haven't selected any contact, hit menu and 'get friends' you will probably have to add your facebook account in there, but then you can pick and choose which of your fb friends you want to sync with contacts. If the names are exactly the same in your contact list as they are on fb it should automatically sync. If not you will have to manually link them.

Sorry if thats a terrible explanation hah let me know if you have any questions.

tonya55 and burningembers like this.
  3. burningembers

burningembers Well-Known Member

Thanks stormdroid, coming from an HTC Incredible I hated how it synched every facebook contact by default - and assumed the Fascinate was the same way. Based on what you said it made me realize this might not be the case, and it isn't! Love it!

4. Billy_617

Billy_617 Well-Known Member

i love it on the fascinate .. you can hand pick who you want :)

5. slick_vick

slick_vick Member

I was having problems even getting my Facebook account to sync at all. When trying to add my FB account, I kept getting an error saying "Login failed. Try again later." Try again later?!?! wtf? haha.

Anyway, turns out that since I had my FB privacy settings on super-paranoid, so it wasn't able to sync. If you go to your FB privacy settings (Privacy settings -> Applications and Websites -> Edit your settings) and TURN ON your Application Platforms, that should do it.

Worked for me. Just thought I'd post here in case any one else was having the same problem :)

6. JB6712

JB6712 New Member

I followed the instructions and went through to get friends selected all hit save and it sits there syncs them up the pics show then like 3 hrs later the disappear... any ideas? I just hard reset and it is still doing it?

7. TozyJay

TozyJay Well-Known Member

This worked for me! You're a lifesaver, I must be blind for missing that.

8. betsyab

betsyab New Member

thank you! completely helpful! I also thought it would be automatic, LOVE that I got to pick.

9. Fynx

Fynx Well-Known Member

Coming from a Droid, this is not what I expected. After finding this post, it works great. Thanks.