Ways to promote Android Application

1. serproc

serproc New Member

What BTL (below-the-line) ways to promote your Android Application do you know?

Review sites are too time consuming.
    I've tried out bestratingfor.me. They can add excellent ratings to your app. Nice result but still not enough.

What else could you recommend?

Regards,

Advertisement
  2. yonodo

yonodo New Member

Flava free review for your android app
  3. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

jonbonazza and Sriman like this.
  4. uwe

uwe Well-Known Member

5. BranMan

BranMan New Member

I may not know much about the android community but whenever making a new piece of software, don't forget that you have friends and family that my be interested. Maybe even co-workers because they'll tell a friend and that friend will tell a friend and so on!
  6. DenellApps

DenellApps New Member

Try Android Tapp...they can really help getting apps going fast
  7. DroidAppOfTheD

DroidAppOfTheD New Member

If anyone is interested, I run a site called Droid App of the Day.

I offer free reviews of android apps, so long as I think they are good! I appreciate pay pal donations to keep the site running but it isn't necessary! send me an email if you are interested.

In my own experience - I have a few apps on Google Play - my most popular app was called Social Hub, but then I realised it was the same name as the social app of the Galaxy S3, so I decided it might be in my best interest to change the name.

Since changing the name to Social Zone, the downloads have dropped. Have tried setting up a website Mantis Apps and have have set up the usual Facebook and Twitter Accounts. If anyone else wants to help out or has some ideas, I am all ears!
    CactusCrisis and Sriman like this.
  8. LexiconStudios

LexiconStudios Well-Known Member

I certainly found that advertising ad based games on Admob was not worth the money.
    Sriman likes this.
  9. Sriman

Sriman Member

Thanks to all the suggestions here... Even I am looking to promote my apps and find this info very useful...
  10. towerrounder

towerrounder Member

Dont forget press releases
  11. IcyPeak

IcyPeak Member

Indeed, this is one that is commonly overlooked, but reportedly is quite effective.
    Sriman likes this.
  12. Sriman

Sriman Member

13. nuvornapps

nuvornapps Member

amaratgan likes this.
  14. LexiconStudios

LexiconStudios Well-Known Member

With AdMob you pay per click, but with GetJar you pay per download which is quite nice, though you do pay quite a bit more.

Other than that, social media is where its at.
  15. Mehta23

Mehta23 Guides Guide

I also (occasionally ^_^) write for a site called Android Way point. I'd be happy to write a review once I get the time :p
    VeronicaPenzo likes this.
  16. StackReject

StackReject Member

Put together a website and promote your own apps.
  17. dappwl

dappwl Active Member

Hey Guys,

We came up with a solution to promote Android apps where the users are not disturbed by annoying ads. We created DappWall to promote your app efficiently and in an affordable way.

We are freelance developers too and we've had enough of not having the possibility to promote an application without spending hundreds and hundreds of dollars. With DappWall any of the apps can get in focus and not only the ones from the biggest developer companies.

Hope you guys give it a shot,

- The DappWall Team
    amaratgan likes this.
  18. Gryph

Gryph New Member

Some incent traffic might be usefull. You can try Advertmobile.net
  19. VeronicaPenzo

VeronicaPenzo New Member

This thread was really interesting to me. All answers were really helpful.
    I am new here and it is the first time I use a forum. I work for a gaming developing company and I would like to learn better how to use forums, blogs, social media and advertising tools.
    ;-)
  20. juliealexis12

juliealexis12 Member

If you want to promote your android application in affordable and genuine way then use facebook, twitter and Linkedin social sites. You can also choose SEO strategies for promotion of android application.