• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Waze background process

I have not used it in a few weeks and the phone has been on/off a few times and it is still there.

It is using 6.2Mb of RAM, which isn't exactly crippling the phone... I am just curious as to what it is doing there.

I got a PM to tell me that it is merely storing its last known status so it can boot up faster next time... but it does seem strange that you don't get any background processes. Are you logged in to Waze when you close it?

EDIT: I have just run Waze and switched it off in the settings and the background process is still there.

Upvote 0
I have not used it in a few weeks and the phone has been on/off a few times and it is still there.

It is using 6.2Mb of RAM, which isn't exactly crippling the phone... I am just curious as to what it is doing there.

I got a PM to tell me that it is merely storing its last known status so it can boot up faster next time... but it does seem strange that you don't get any background processes. Are you logged in to Waze when you close it?

EDIT: I have just run Waze and switched it off in the settings and the background process is still there.

I just ran it and switched it off and checked the Running apps and in the Task Manager and I see no sign of WAZE running. Not sure what to tell you now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones