• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

We gotta wait till just before Christmas for some FROYO?

idk, i watched my chic and her friend in agony over the moments upgrade, the fractioning is why i didnt want to come to android, it just seems as though you dont get your moneys worth, when we buy a new phone with 2.1 at the same time phones are packing 2.2,, but with the pre dragging i went ahead and jumped ship. But i can see sprint being on htc's ass about this upgrade, since its their big seller for now. with more phones having 2.2 it will easily become a selling point for other carriers if sprint is without it.

Upvote 0
If they don't fix the horrifying graphics driver debacle that's currently ruining our phones, I don't give a flying duck if we get Froyo. It'll run just as bad as it does now even if we have the just in time compiler. It'll still run and feel choppy and half-assed, just like many cheap pre-pay phones do.

-edit- Even the f*cking Trak phones run smoother graphically than our supposed super-phone. (I'm REALLY pissed off that HTC continues to send me shit-ass canned responses from this supposed 'Sarah' representative that miraculously seems to be able to e-mail THOUSANDS of people, personally, and ALL at the same time.)

Upvote 0
If they don't fix the horrifying graphics driver debacle that's currently ruining our phones, I don't give a flying duck if we get Froyo. It'll run just as bad as it does now even if we have the just in time compiler. It'll still run and feel choppy and half-assed, just like many cheap pre-pay phones do.

-edit- Even the f*cking Trak phones run smoother graphically than our supposed super-phone. (I'm REALLY pissed off that HTC continues to send me shit-ass canned responses from this supposed 'Sarah' representative that miraculously seems to be able to e-mail THOUSANDS of people, personally, and ALL at the same time.)

Well HTC just released their Kernel source for the EVO. Hopefully some one cracks the FPS cap and sends the codework to HTC. Just to prove that they spew out lies. HDMI out being the reason for the cap my ass. What a cop out. :mad:

Upvote 0
Well HTC just released their Kernel source for the EVO. Hopefully some one cracks the FPS cap and sends the codework to HTC. Just to prove that they spew out lies. HDMI out being the reason for the cap my ass. What a cop out. :mad:

Too much caffeine?

They've already said in print that it was a decision they're revisiting.

Cleansing breath, ARR22, cleansing breath...

Upvote 0
I've said before and i will stick with it. December is when we can hope for an update. I hope i am wrong. But after owning a hero i bought the EVO with the mindset that it may never get 2.2. I decided it was worth the cost even only having 2.1. I waited too long as everyone did with the Hero update.

People are hoping bugs or small updates will make htc or sprint push out the 2.2 update faster. It wont. The Hero had many bugs that didnt get fixed until the 2.1 update came out. And it carried these issues for many months. Let face it. HTC puts a higher priority on new products over updates. All companies do.

I would suggest if someone cant live with the EVO and be happy with the current form then take it back and wait for something they can be happy with. No point in letting sprint and htc make you so upset because you think you deserve an update. Dont let things you cant control, control you.

If updates are such a high concern then the only 2 phones you should consider are the iPhone and the Nexus One. Everyone other phone will leave you annoyed waiting for something you have no control over. (rooting aside on all of this. But that carries a whole different level of risk/reward)

Upvote 0
Ok, I don't like to Meddle, but now you're REALLY showing your age. ;)

Thanks for not flaming - age is part of the see-saw.

I can remember a day when I read Childhood's End - btw - I think that you and the other one would make a nice pair.

And you can at least thank me for not trying to work ummagumma into this, because the last thing I'd ever do at this point would be to try to name drop ummagumma on a topic as serious as Froyo at Christmas. Not me, ummagumma is the last thing I'd mention.

And because the first thing I'm going to do when I get Froyo for Christmas is to crossload it and listen to Jade Warrior, this post just got on topic like no tomorrow.

All I can really say about Froyo is: Wish you were here.

Upvote 0
I've said before and i will stick with it. December is when we can hope for an update. I hope i am wrong. But after owning a hero i bought the EVO with the mindset that it may never get 2.2. I decided it was worth the cost even only having 2.1. I waited too long as everyone did with the Hero update.

I came late to the party. I had a Moment with 1.5, it went to 2.1 - big upgrade - and then I went to 2.1 on Sense - that just felt like another big upgrade to me.

While I want Froyo, I'm not chomping at the bit for it - it's like some kind of icing on the cake as far as I'm probably really concerned.

Upvote 0
You guys crack me up! Google is still working on the update. They keep sending new versions to the n1 and you really think you are going to get it soon. Does not matter that they claim droid x will have it on release. Believe it when you see it and enjoy your evo for what it is not harp on what it might be one day.

Upvote 0
You guys crack me up! Google is still working on the update. They keep sending new versions to the n1 and you really think you are going to get it soon. Does not matter that they claim droid x will have it on release. Believe it when you see it and enjoy your evo for what it is not harp on what it might be one day.

We can still dream cant we?

Upvote 0

Droid X is shipping with 2.1. Motorola has said they're trying to push 2.2 by the end of summer for it. It's easier for them, because HTC integrates Sense pretty fully into the framework of Android, whereas Motoblur/Ninjablur is not as intertwined with the basic operating system.

Upvote 0

I'm currently running at around 40-44fps in fps2d. Everything (and I mean everything) runs smoother.

Root your phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones