• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

We have liftoff

Yeah went threw all the screens and got the same error. I called VZW tonight and talked with a rep about the phone and the pre-sale, I asked if I could call in the morning at 7am (when the vzw call center in WA state opens) and she said would be no problem to call in or do it online. I'm 6 days away from my NE2 and they said they would do it early so I could get the extra $50.00 off the $199 price. :)

Upvote 0
Having the same problems with online ordering. No problems with changing the plan and it shows the line available for an upgrade and NE2 but it always kick it out as product not available at some point in the process.

An even larger pain because I am dealing with four lines on a Family plan so I'd go through entering all four phone selections, the features for all four lines and the accessories for three of the phones and then it would kick me out of the process. I did try just the one line with the Droid 2 and got kicked out as well.

Upvote 0
Did it say in the email when it should arrive?
It did not...since today is considered pre-order...that info wouldn't be available right away...it was the same when I ordered my Dinc...but since most of us wasn't able to get through the entire process without an error, I decided to let everyone know that was no longer an issue...

I honestly expect it to be here on the 12th...since it releases in stores that day...I assume thats why most online orders start at least a day in advance...

Upvote 0
Ordered mine at around 1:15 am. Just checked and order has been processed. No shipping info. Process has gone faster than when ordering my X. I think the demand might not be as high. I really like my X but wanting to switch out sometimes with the D2. For the keyboard and i must have froyo now lol :)

Upvote 0
After a shortened night's sleep due to the problems ordering early this morning, I was finally able to get through the order process. Received a confirmation e-mail right away and the status showed the order being processed just a few minutes later.

The only coupon code I could get to work was WEBCH10. SMART50SA, SMART30 and PRMCD10 all came up as expired.

Upvote 0
I read somewhere that SWITCH30 only works for new service, as in people switching from another carrier.

A warning to those considering using American Express to pay as apparently Verizon runs a $1 charge to verify a credit card account before running the full charge and for AmEx this can trigger the charge being considered fraud and denied. After this happened this morning I had to approve the charge with AmEx and then contact Verizon to tell them to resubmit it and now I'm just hoping the order will process. Should have just billed it to the account, live and learn.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones