1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

We Just Rolled Out Xfininty App for Android

Last Updated:

1. mvaughn12

mvaughn12 Member This Topic's Starter

As an engineer for Comcast , I'm proud to announce we just rolled out our Xfinity app for Android, and its on the Market just type in Comcast. You can now access your DVR and Ondemand , Voicemail, email. check it out

Advertisement
  2. Bikegeek

Bikegeek Well-Known Member

Will we get features similar to the iPad version at some point?

3. DaWeav

DaWeav Well-Known Member

Really? Engineers at Comcast? What's the world coming too?

Sorry bout punning you, but the Comcast message board moderators said Blackberry and Android apps would be available over a year ago after Comcast delivered the iPhone app last year. So, I have little respect for Comcast since their Comcast moderators only know how to lie to Comcast customers. Check their boards and you will see they promised these apps over a year ago! So, someone at Comcast finally got off their duff and actually made good on this. Oh well, too little too late because I have been using the iPhone and Xfinity app on my iPad for the last few months and don't need an Android app at this late date.

Just tell me when Comcast will start 'streaming' my paid and recorded content from the cable boxes to these apps, then I'll be excited. Probably why I'm thinking of going DishNetwork since they already offer streaming to all of their mobile apps!

4. pirahna

pirahna Well-Known Member

Looks like streaming is now available on demand for the iPad, I doubt we will see it on our phones any day soon though. :(

5. OstrichSaK

OstrichSaK Well-Known Member

I'm still waiting for the ability to browse current shows and change the channel from my Android device. Pretty sure it was supposed to be in an update that was supposed to be January.