We need a better facebook app.

Last Updated:

1. Mrdroid921

Mrdroid921 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

How come the facebook app for Iphone has a chat feature, and we get

left out in the cold. I think facebook should give us this feature :(.

Advertisement
  2. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

Bloo, another facebook app is supposed to get the chat feature in there next update. I agree that the native facebook app is severly lacking features when compared to the iphone app. it needs to be updated badly. If you need facebook chat for now, there are other options ebuddy and the new aim ap both support it

3. Polymira

Polymira Well-Known Member

But there are still no good all in one facebook apps ... i mean, the official one generally doesn't even view photos .. it just brings up a browser and the mobile site. It's a joke.

4. ceruti82

ceruti82 Well-Known Member

BLOO is a very good FB alternative. the stock FB app sucks, i totally agree, i only use it about 5% of the time~ mostly as a shortcut to the mobile site if i need something that bloo cant do.. neither allow you to compose an inbox message. but thats something that FB itself wont allow for whatever reason.. i wonder why IPHONE IS ALLOWED TO USE IT THOUGH??!!??
    Bloo gives comment and picture comment notifications. tho right now, that has a bug (was supposed to be fixed in last update, but isnt much better) where it keeps notifying you for the same comment a few times. at least you get a notification though..!

MEEBO is good for chat. i dont leave it on all day, only when i want to chat. it TOTALLY EATS your battery staying on! unless you are at a desk where you can keep a charge, i wouldnt recommend keeping it open all day!
    whats nice about meebo, is it uses aim ,google talk, FB, msn, yahoo, myspace and a few others all combined, so you dont have to have a bunch of chat programs all running separately.

5. gregbridwell

gregbridwell Well-Known Member

babbler views photos nicely. if they could combine all of the features of bloo & babbler and skin it nicely like the stock app i'd be happy.

6. Mrdroid921

It's just not something I would expect on a Android device,

I would expect this type of lame app on something like a BB or winmo

phone. The Iphones is flashy and it works. I don't own a Iphone, but I do

have a Ipod touch, I just think that facebook should treat our OS the same.

7. BiGMERF

All you gonna do is get yourself more pissed if you keep comparing the two markets. Alot of apps fall short of there apple counterparts.

8. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

You also have to realize that the Apple market has been around a lot longer than the Android Market. You're not comparing Apples to Apples (To quote Rob / Phases, <-- Did you see what I did there! :) ), so to expect the results to be the same is rather pointless.

9. Lukehluke

Lukehluke Well-Known Member

Even so, I think that the need to improve the current facebook app.

10. BiGMERF

They had the facebook ap up and running near perfection within months of their iphone being released. There is no excuse for such a poor facebook app other than the obvious. Even when there main developer left cause he got sick of apples control, someone else picked it up and continued its development.

11. Mrdroid921

Guys,

I don't mean to compare the two, I am not really "Pissed" either.

I feel like some of these app makers don't think Android is just as powerful

as the Iphone OS, which is complete BS. So that's all guys, not mad just disappointed.

12. BiGMERF

I agree there are more pressing issues to be mad about. But disappointment is putting it lightly for me. Lol. We just have to site and wait for further development at some point.

13. HotDawg

HotDawg Well-Known Member

It doesn't even need comparing to the iPhone app. It sucks all by itself.
    And it's nothing to do with wanting more features - the "features" that are there don't even work.

I end up using it as a portal to the website. Lame. More than lame. :(

14. BiGMERF

i like bloo but dont like the fact i have to use up more space to get an app for features that the native app should have

15. HotDawg

HotDawg Well-Known Member

Guys - I checked out Bloo, and...it just directs you to touch.facebook.com (!?!) What's the point?

Although it did give me status bar notifications which was great.

16. yakdroid

yakdroid Member

A little searching will allow you to realize the fact that the Android Facebook is not produced or supported by Facebook. Only "official" Facebook apps are allowed to send and receive "inbox" messages. Since the Android app is not official. It will Never be able to do it unless Facebook changes the policy. From what i hear, Facebook and Google are not the greatest friends to say the least. So, don't expect any changes in the policy. If ya want something far and above the android app get "bloo".

17. BiGMERF

I wish they would let me erase the native facebook ap then.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

18. radikal

radikal Well-Known Member

root your phone, erase the app :) bloo is getting better and better it seems and if you want updates from any of the facebook apps, send updates to gmail and then go into apps on facebook and find the ones that run on android and check them, they will be there if you allowed it to access FB at all.

19. Fiezta

Fiezta Well-Known Member

So, the best chatting system app for facebook at the moment will be bloo? Pls correct me if I am wrong, because I will like to kone.
    Thanks

20. Fiezta

Fiezta Well-Known Member

where on fb do u have to authorize to use bloo...because I download it on my nexus1 phone and it says before use, I must firs authorize and copy the 6digits code but where do I do this on fb?
    Thanks

21. ceruti82

ceruti82 Well-Known Member

FOR CHATTING- use MEEBO. very good chat app.
    for facebook app~ use bloo. (no chat in bloo)
    i tried babbler for the past couple days, but it is very slow loading, and bloo is just much better. highly recommended.

22. Trapper31

Trapper31 Well-Known Member

23. Fiezta

Fiezta Well-Known Member

Thank you, I noticed the same problem with babbler, i guesed it is just what it names suggest(babbler), however how do I use blo, everytime I click on it, it says I need a six digits authorization code from facebook but i do not know where to activate it from m y facebook accoun. pls help

24. Shadowtech

Shadowtech Well-Known Member

The new Bloo takes you to the touch site, so it no longer can get the code. However, the developer put a link up on his blog for it that will get you the code in your browser, then just enter it into Bloo.

25. Fiezta

Fiezta Well-Known Member

Thank you