We Want Android 2.0 Too! (or at least 1.6 for now)

Last Updated:

1. rwalsh87

rwalsh87 New Member

so i dont see any threads in here that pertain to the cliq's outdated 1.5 software. now im GUESSING that the reasoning behind this probably has something to do with motorola's new motoblur UI, but i would like some clarification. does anyone have ANY information whatsoever as to when and IF the cliq will be receiving an update? if not, then i really feel like i got screwed on this one

edit** oh and i had a g1 prior to the cliq. i didnt expect to have to downgrade back to 1.5 after 1.6 had been working so well for me.

2. Xman

Xman Member

I believe, IMO, Motorola is working on updating the FW to 1.6, if not 2.0, mainly since this is their "all or nothing" entry back into the wireless mart and one of their main phones (on TMo). Probably it is taking longer than usual, phone's been out less than a month...sheesh, since Motoblur makes up part of the FW.

My buddy has a Palm Pre and was on WebOS 1.2(something like that) with Synergy (like Blur) and his phone wasn't working so he exchanged it for a new one. He updated his WebOS to 1.3 and was trying to restore his phone with the autobackup function that Palm has (like MotoBlur) and was unsuccessful. He lost all his data.

This is probably what Motorola is looking into instead of jumping into 1.6 or 2.0 right away.

Once again, this is just my opinion.
  3. Jr33

Jr33 Member

4. Kray1

Kray1 Member

somewhere in tmobiles most frequest asked questions, it states that they have no plans on upgrading to 1.6 for the time being.
  5. BossyBBri

BossyBBri Active Member

Motorola announced at the CES convention that they would be upgrading the cliq and the the backflip (which will release with 1.5) to OS 2.1 sometime this year... something to look forward to :)

Motorola Cliq Getting an Upgrade to Android 2.1
  6. Xman

Xman Member

7. BossyBBri

BossyBBri Active Member

You're welcome... I was so excited... I followed some of my fave phone reviewers on twitter and found out this information, I was surprised that no one posted it... glad that I could be a bearer of great news... I'll keep ya posted if I find out anything new...
  8. I know this is an older post and I am pretty new to this site but is there any news to the upgrade?

I am going to feel real stupid if 2.1 is already out for cliq....
  9. Castle

Castle Member

Not to worry. It's not out for the Cliq. Droid owners are supposed to be getting their 2.1 update starting today. As for the owners of it's little, tiny, insignificant, unworthy stepbrother....Motorola says they'll get around to it. We'll see.:(
  10. Man :/ that is a bummer.
    One of my co-workers has a G1 and her OS seems to be different from the one I am running. Start up is now animated, different & more visually appealing android market, I didn't get to play with it for very long but did the G1 get an upgrade? and if so... WTF?? lol.
  11. Castle

Castle Member

Yeah. I believe even the G1 now has 1.6. What really stinks is there are a lot of apps that I would like to have but require a minimum of 1.6.
  12. spyderman

spyderman Well-Known Member

13. keebs29

keebs29 Active Member

When does qtr 2.1 start??? I want my upgrade for my Cliq.... :)
  14. Q1 = January - March
    Q2 = April - June
    Q3 = July - September
    Q4 = October - December
  15. spyderman

spyderman Well-Known Member

I am assuming that we shouldn't be expecting it anytime before May especially since the Droid is receiving their update now...

Is that a correct assumption?
  16. You know you are probably right, but who knows we could get lucky and they could just say "f it" and send it out to us while their at it. After looking at that chart again though, I like how us Cliq users are the only ones listed for upgrade in Q2 for U.S. that means we are priority at least.
  17. kcmartz

kcmartz Well-Known Member

Hurry up with it!!
  18. ornery4life

ornery4life Member

Wow, it's almost the end of Q2 and still no update - they're starting to make me nervous...