Weak 3G Signal with Nexus One

Last Updated:

1. StarMenace

StarMenace Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i've noticed with the Nexus One that I have a weaker 3G signal than with the MyTouch 3G that I had previously. I'm in the Minneapolis Area. Anyone else having similar issues?

Advertisement
  2. ap3604

ap3604 Well-Known Member

Yeah, lots of people are.

I am in SoCal myself so I have no issues with 3g whatsoever... sorry to hear about your troubles though :(

3. StarMenace

So is it an issue with the phone then? 3G covereage here with T-Mo in Minneapolis is actually very good, in fact, it was awesome with the MyTouch. There are spots that I had full bars of 3G with the MyTouch but only Edge with the N1.

4. smitty24

smitty24 Well-Known Member

Search...tons of threads about 3g issues, solutions, and locations.

ap3604 likes this.
  5. Hegemony

Hegemony Well-Known Member

I live in the area actually. It seems like my 3G coverage got worse a few weeks ago. It used to be noticeably better. Not sure what's up, maybe T-mo is doing something to their network up here.

6. kabbie_mcfeely

kabbie_mcfeely Well-Known Member

Having same issues in St Paul on G1.

I called T-Mo and they had me go through all the reboot BS and it did nothing. Finally they said they would "send someone out" to check things.

They also gave me $20 off my next bill.

The wierd thing is, 2G is working just fine.

Call and complain!!!

7. mih

mih Member

I live in the minneapolis area as well. I definitely have 3g issues. I will have full bars on 3g and the web is incredibly slow or not loading at all, this could be a browser issue, but ive tried dolphin and opera with only slightly better performance in load times.

Also, this happens once in awhile, but when placing a call, it will sit there saying "dialing" for a good 20 seconds before it actually goes through. Very annoying.

8. StarMenace

I am having those exact issues with this phone too, none of those happened with the MT3G... :confused:

9. ap3604

ap3604 Well-Known Member

Complain to both Google and T-Mobile. Complain Complain Complain!!!

The only way big companies know there is a problem to fix is if we let them know!

:D

10. Balkin

Balkin Active Member

So far my 3G coverage has been really great, this phones radio seems equally as strong as any other phone I've had on ATT. I think most of the problems stem from simply poor 3G coverage by ATT and T-Mobile.

11. mi_canuck

mi_canuck Well-Known Member

it's a fact of life that the Nexus has piss poor RF performance... either have to deal with it, or get a different phone... along with battery, it's just the way it is with the Nexus... poor design... as much cool features it has (amoled, great 5mp cam, 1ghz snapdragon, etc), some other things are sub-par... ie. RF and battery life...

it's a google phone... and like all things google, it's bascially a BETA device... that us geeks are the beta testers for essentially.... we are the suckers...