• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Weak signal everywhere

I've had my phone (Xperia mini pro SK17A) for a few months now, and I'm getting a bit fed up with it. Provider is T-mobile, and I would blame them, but my old phone had a better signal + I have almost NO signal while inside, for hours at a time.

My old phone was a rather old motorola flip phone, got it when it was old about 5 years ago. Since the SK17A came out just recently, I would expect it to have a stronger signal all around. But I can't call, or if I do somehow get a signal to call, It'll disconnect within a minute. I also don't get texts until have an hour later, unless I'm constantly trying to reconnect to T-mobile.

Usually when I try to connect, it will give me the message "Sim card does not allow connection to this network", which is quite wrong. It also has a signal to AT&T about 100% of the time, would be nice to have a way to turn off connection to it, so that it stops switching networks (which causes me to not get any messages until I manually reconnect it to T-mobile).

I'm honestly hoping that this is just faulty hardware, or something along those lines, because this is just ridiculous. Should I see if I can get a new one or am I stuck with this?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones