Weak wifi on all one x models?General

1. consultant

consultant Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. TarekElsakka

TarekElsakka Well-Known Member

For me the signal is pretty poor if I am outside the room where the router is located, but if I am honest that has been the case with every smart phone and tablet I have used, whereas laptops connect with no problems.
  3. consultant

consultant Well-Known Member

Compare browsing with phone on table or holding edges of phone fora few minutes then switch to holding phone in palm.
  4. razvan06

razvan06 Well-Known Member

Ok, so "iFixit" myself today :)
    I looked into this "signal issue" that others are reporting, and thought of giving it a try myself.
    After completing all these steps i now have 4 constant bars in my other room using the same Wi-fi router, instead of 1 bar with constant d/c from the Wi-fi.

I thought it would be nice to make a little tutorial of what i did to my HOX today based on some pictures found on the internet, i did not think about taking pictures when doing it... shame on me !

[CREDITS FOR THE ORIGINAL PICTURES GO TO THE ORIGINAL POSTS/ers]

This is what i did [it's not rocket science] - BUT if you are not sure of what you are doing -> DO NOT DO IT ! :

1. Got the thing opened using a opening tool like thins one : [​IMG] and used it as shown here : [​IMG]
    2. Used a pair of sharp tweezers like these : [​IMG] and gently bent up the two little clips [shown in the little red wanna-be circle] : [​IMG] and inserted under each one a piece of spongy material that i had home [it's usually used to seal the edges of displays in services] to keep the two clips up and maintain a good grip on the antenna [see second "big-circle" on the back cover] ...
    Why u may ask ? After a while the clips bend under pressure and cannot maintain constant pressure, this is why you get poor Wi-fi signal ... this photo here tells it all : [​IMG]
    3. Got the phone together again.

RESULT : Wi-fi signal is now 3-4 times stronger @ 10-15m away from my router, thus resulting better battery life and great reception [it also affects the GSM signal from what i read ] !