Wear and Tear

Last Updated:

1. TheTrueSpin

TheTrueSpin Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Don't you hate it? You have this lovely new product and you know it is only a matter of time until it gets damaged. First it will be small stuff like scuffs, then scratches, then, eventually, you will do something really stupid and really mess it up.

All my phones / laptops / portable game consoles have suffered the same fate.

In a way, I kind of like to get the initial damage out the way, so I can stop worrying about it and just enjoy the functionality of the device. I had a PSP a while back and I was so scared of damaging it I really never enjoyed it... it was only after I noticed that one of the shoulder buttons had cracked (how I will never know) that I thought, to hell with it, and just played it without worrying.

I should copy my GF. She never looks after technology or mobile phones, throwing them in her handbag, scratching it up, dropping it and then simply wiping it with her hand... but yet they seem to survive. There I am, freaking out because I just put my phone in a pocket with loose change!!!! the horror !!!

Advertisement
  2. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

Haha! I know EXACTLY what you mean. I put mine in my pocket today with my car keys and panicked a couple of hours later when I realised.

3. PARAD0X

PARAD0X Well-Known Member

I'm the same too. Im thinking about getting insurance.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

4. SL4VE

SL4VE Well-Known Member

the more you worry the more your careful, than more things go wrong... cars, women, gadgets.... their all the same use and abuse and you'll be happy

5. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

So what have you done to your Desire?

I have small on screen scratches (very light, but there) and a scratch down my search button.

I now have a leather book case and HTC screen protector.

6. Pryomancer

Pryomancer Well-Known Member

I dropped mine the other day, onto concrete. :( Small scratch in the screen, but it's not really noticable. At least I can deal with the trauma now. It would have happened eventually anyway.

7. ukzen

ukzen Well-Known Member

I occasionally have a mishap,like anyone ,but all of my devices are in really good nick come replacement time ,cant tolerate tat.

8. tef89

tef89 Well-Known Member

I noticed my very first today ... I have it in a gel type case & screen protector but I noticed a tiny spec of damage (and it really is small but I know it's there lol) just on the concentric type lines that surround the camera lens.

I kind of thought that would be the first area to pick a little mark up and I was right ... oh well :)

9. mikebell

mikebell Well-Known Member

Just don't do that down the pub, will you. Leave the handbag at home. :)