Weather animation questionSupport

Last Updated:

1. Krunkert

Krunkert New Member This Topic's Starter

First off, the EVO rocks. I just switched from iphone and I can't believe me as a developer let myself be held hostage by the restrictive Iphone practices for so long. I should've switched LONG ago.

My question is simple. I'm playing around with the evo and love the little weather animation that plays with the HTC widget when I unlock the phone. My question is how do you get that animation to play everytime you unlock it? It seems to happns only when it feels like it.

Thanks,

Krunkert

Advertisement
  2. Kelita

Kelita Well-Known Member

Welcome to the EVO and the forums. :)

My animation works every time I unlock the screen. It's the one feature I really love. I would suggest maybe rebooting your phone and see if that helps? Maybe someone else has a better idea, but mine seems to work fine.

3. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

It only does it when it's raining/snowing/lightning/ect. It it's sunny out it won't do anything.

4. Kelita

Kelita Well-Known Member

Scorp, mine does when it's sunny and believe me, it's always sunny in Arizona. :D What mine does is flash a bright ring around the sun when I unlock the screen. It's almost unnoticeable but if you really look, it's there.

ovdevil likes this.
  5. Nabraham

Nabraham Well-Known Member

Not true, you should get an effect for any condition. During the day you get rays of sunshine and at night i think it is supposed to reflect moonlight.

To the TC, you should be getting weather effects every time you unlock the phone.

6. ScorpDX

Ok, I never had noticed the sun one before

7. raqball

raqball Well-Known Member

Try removing the widget and re adding it... It's the HTC Clock widget, then scroll past the regular looking clocks to the clock and weather widget and press select...

See if that fixes the issue

Kalow likes this.
  8. The Dorian

The Dorian Well-Known Member

Just noting, if you touch the screen to do something before the animation has completed, it stops the animation. So what could be happening is you're touching the screen to stop the animation before you see any of it.

9. missy brown

missy brown Well-Known Member

yea mine does it for all weather even when it gets dark i love it.

10. Essex

Essex Well-Known Member

I have the weather widget on my home screen and I only get the animation when I unlock my phone onto the screen where the widget is located. So, if the last screen I was using prior to the screen timing out had a music widget on it, then when I unlock the screen, the screen with the music widget will be the first thing I see. Thus, no weather animations. Perhaps try putting the weather widget on your homscreen (if it isn't already there) and make sure to tap the Home button prior to turning your screen off. That way when you unlock your phone you will see the weather animation every time! No need to reboot/reset your phone...

11. AndroidMax

AndroidMax Well-Known Member

I have a question. I live in the midwest, where the weather can change nasty in under five minutes. For example, it was 95

12. blu3g

blu3g Well-Known Member

Yeah, this is definitely not true. The sunny animation is my favorite one next to the thunderstorm one. But to the OP, you can try to delete the clock widget and put it back on. Make sure full weather animation is checked when you do it and see if that fixes it.

13. ScorpDX

AndroidMax likes this.
  14. Mike Fitz

Mike Fitz Member

I love the animations too, but an hourly update didn't cut it for me. That and it wasn't smart enough to know when the sun and the moon were out. That should be a simple thing with location awareness, but when the sun is shining brightly at 7:00 am and my phone is still showing the moon even after a manual update?

15. kingtheproducer

kingtheproducer Well-Known Member

I dont know why they didnt put the option to update it every 15 minutes like Beautiful Widgets. I had BW on the MyTouch and it was pretty accurate. Maybe that is one of the reasons HTC is delaying their part of 2.2 and maybe for better animations!

16. bernechad

bernechad Well-Known Member

I guess I'm in the minority, because if I need my weather to update automagically (draining battery) every 5 minutes, I'd just look out the damn window.

17. AhBirryFroyd

AhBirryFroyd New Member

May 16th 2011: I've been searching forum after forum for over 24 hours now. I have an htc EVO 4G and throughout the time that I've had it I noticed that my HTC Clock Widget stopped flipping through the minutes and hours. It just changes digitally.

To insure that I'm not losing my mind I spoke with several other Evo owners and they confirmed that the flip animation does indeed exist and is currently working on their Evos. "All animations" is selected under the display setting. I have removed and re-added the clock widget several times. Rebooted several times, and even reloaded the original htc scene. All to no avail.

Any tips tricks or ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Billy

18. Firehawk

Firehawk Well-Known Member

I have noticed this also but I thought the flipping numbers was only with sense 2.0.
    My brother in law has the HTC Inspire 4G, which I belive has sense 2.0. His weather widget clock actually flips the numbers.....which is why I though that was a sense 2.0 feature. Was I wrong? Is the evo supposed to do this also?

19. mak916

mak916 Well-Known Member

My clock does not flip.

20. Kalow

Kalow New Member

raqball's anwers seems to answer the original question about the animation no longer working. there is an option to deselet the animation option, but I can only see access to this "check mark" option when you are manually adding the clock widget in personalization.