Weather Animations on home screen?Tips

Last Updated:

1. Imma new 1

Imma new 1 New Member

Ok so I have a replacement One x from my old one that broke back in November. So, my old one had this weather animation on the home screen after I would unlock it. Say if the weather on the home screen said it was raining, then the animation would show rain the home screen and windshield wipers wiping it. Cool I know. So, how do I put that back on?

2. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member Contributor

I think this is an option for the weather lock screen.
  3. benitorios

benitorios Well-Known Member

I think the OP refers to the home screen. Those animations can be enabled if you enable certain HTC widgets like the flip clock + weather or any of the HTC weather widgets. After adding the widget to any home screen, you'll get a pop-up dialog box asking if you want full screen animations. Just say yes (duh! :))

Note: this won't work if you use an alternative homescreen app, because the HTC widgets won't be available then.

If you want animations on the lock screen: just go the Weather app, menu > settings and check the Weather update option. This will give you a nice animation the first time you wake up the phone in the morning.

Additionally, some lock screens (like productivity) let you choose weather updates as part of what's displayed. That'll give you mini animations when waking up the phone (they're not full screen).

Hope this helped!
    El Presidente and GuitarG20 like this.
  4. slinemfc

slinemfc Active Member

Should just be a case of adjusting the settings of the home clock (weather clock). Simplest way I know is to hold on the widget and then drag up and left to the edit tan and enable full screen animations in the menu.