• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

weather animations

My wife really likes the weather animations with the stock Sense UI weather widget. However, she is running LP and cannot use that widget anymore. Does anyone know of a weather/clock widget that still gives you those animations that can be used with LP?

I have beautiful widgets currently, but it doesn't show the full screen animations like she likes (windshield wipers if it is raining, bright sunlight when sunny, etc.).

Thanks

My wife really likes the weather animations with the stock Sense UI weather widget. However, she is running LP and cannot use that widget anymore. Does anyone know of a weather/clock widget that still gives you those animations that can be used with LP?

I have beautiful widgets currently, but it doesn't show the full screen animations like she likes (windshield wipers if it is raining, bright sunlight when sunny, etc.).

Thanks

The full screen animations are part of the HTC clocks' overall integration with sense ui. There is no lone widget that can duplicate/mimic that effect. However, I would not be surprised if, in the near future, one or two home replacement apps (ex. LP plus) integrate full weather animation integration into the home screen. But as of right now, sense ui is the only one.

Upvote 0
The only thing that comes close is Weather & Toggle Widget. I think you need the paid version to get the weather effect as a add on[Weather Widget Forecast add on]. I'm currently using the paid version so I'm not sure about the free one. It's almost like the HTC weather one.

You can also add on a bunch of skins but as of the last update, it doesn't seem to work anymore on my evo.

Reactions: marriedman624
Upvote 0
I downloaded the free version and it seems to work. not sure if the animation is a preview and therefore will not update when the weather changes. i will post an update when the weather changes and I can verify.

Weather Widget:

Weather Widget - Free[/URL]
by Android Apps[/URL]
>250,000 downloads, 5612 ratings (3.9 avg)
Free
rating8.png

Add on:

Weather Widget Forecast Addon[/URL]
by Android Apps[/URL]
>250,000 downloads, 15767 ratings (4.0 avg)
Free
rating8.png

EDIT: The animations does not appear to change when the weather changes.

Upvote 0
Beautiful Widgets now has a weather animation upon unlock, but it still needs work.

This.

I find the weather animations on beautiful widgets to look very amateurish. Also a bit annoying that you have to tap the screen to get the animation to quit too. I've disabled it, but would go back if the appearance and performance was improved.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones