• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Weather Animations

burningembers

Android Enthusiast
May 1, 2010
Portland, OR
My weather animations are randomly not working. I used to get the weather animation on the home screen when I unlocked, but I don't anymore.

For awhile, I would get it every time I opened the weather app itself, but I don't even get that anymore (though if I could at least get this back I'd be happy).

I have...

* removed/added the clock/weather widget and made sure Full Screen Animations is checked.
* Made sure weather auto-sync is on
* Made sure Update Automatically is set
* Mobile Network is always on
* Mobile Data is always on
* GPS is on

Is there anything else I'm missing that would cause this to just flat out stop working?

Could it be that it's sunny? lol I don't think you get anything if there are clear sky's. I've seen clouds for cloudy and lightning during storms but other then that I don't think you always get something.

When it's sunny, you get a lens flare effect coming from the upper right corner of the screen and a wee bit of glare from the sun.

Upvote 0
When it's sunny, you get a lens flare effect coming from the upper right corner of the screen and a wee bit of glare from the sun.

Hmm...I've actually yet to see this despite a sunny weather day.

I've noticed I see cloudy animations maybe 1 in 10. If its rainy, though, I'll see it every single time I unlock the phone or open the weather widget.

Maybe I'll just have to do a device reset and start from scratch.

Upvote 0
My weather animations are randomly not working. I used to get the weather animation on the home screen when I unlocked, but I don't anymore.

For awhile, I would get it every time I opened the weather app itself, but I don't even get that anymore (though if I could at least get this back I'd be happy).

I have...

* removed/added the clock/weather widget and made sure Full Screen Animations is checked.
* Made sure weather auto-sync is on
* Made sure Update Automatically is set
* Mobile Network is always on
* Mobile Data is always on
* GPS is on

Is there anything else I'm missing that would cause this to just flat out stop working?

forgive the noob question, but my clock/weather widget "disappeared" recently and i'm not sure which widget/program/shortcut i need to select to get it back.

thanks in advance for any/all assistance.

02 Incredible

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones