weather app on homepageGeneral

Last Updated:

1. blandestk

blandestk Member This Topic's Starter

The clock widget that allows you to have the time and the weather at the same time will not stop showing new york city on the home screen for me no matter what i do in the settings. what simple solution am i overlooking?

Advertisement
  2. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

You should be able to tap on it, which opens up the weather. Then you can scroll through the preset cities. Hit the menu button and you will be able to delete them.

3. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Take a look at your location settings and make sure that you have a check next to use wireless network. You also need to double check that you have the widget set to use your current location.

4. blandestk

blandestk Member This Topic's Starter

thanks for the replies. i deleted the city, but for some reason it continues to pop up every time i reenter the weather page. all the correct location boxes are checked. i didn't see a place in the widget where i could set it to use my current location.

5. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

When you go in to set a location, current location should be the default. If it isn't there, try removing the widget and adding it back.

6. tgulch22

tgulch22 Well-Known Member

thats why i use weatherbug follow me widget...i used to have that problem and also it wouldnt update....I actually went to Zeam and havent looked back...htc has some nice widgets, but most everything is available better from somewhere else and Zeam doesnt lag at all

7. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

Move out of New York City :D

8. yeahright

yeahright Well-Known Member

I had that problem for the first three-ish days of owning my phone (it made me really mad because i love the HTC clock/weather app). i added my city (not by current location but by adding it under add) deleted NYC and set my city (not current location) as default then removed my clock widget and re-added it. That put my city (not current location but city) as the default. Eventually i was able to use current location after about a week or so.

Hope that works for you as it did for me.

9. Papadroid

Papadroid VIP Member VIP Member

I was having problems with the HTC weather clock not updating so I switched to Weather & Toggle widgets (AKA Weather Widget donate) and love it. It looks almost identical to HTC and I think it was only 1.99.