Weather app temperature notification in task barSupport

1. youngdoc

youngdoc Well-Known Member

Has anyone found a weather app that is stable with respect to the temperature notification in the task bar? I've tested several and in all cases, the notification runs fine initially, but it eventually goes away and does not reappear unless I run the app. Stock GNex.

Advertisement
  2. concreteguy

concreteguy Well-Known Member

1Weather(free) has a temperature in the notification bar. I've been using it for at least 2+ weeks and it is still working. Not the best app(a bit slow), but unlike Weather Channel, it doesn't need access to my camera, phone, or contacts.
  3. youngdoc

1weather was the latest one I tried without success. The notification disappears spontaneously for me.
  4. concreteguy

concreteguy Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what your doing, but I've got 59 degrees showing on mine. Mine is set to refresh every 3 hours. I even get weather alerts from 1Weather and WeatherBug in my notification bar(WB is much better at this)
  5. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Well-Known Member

I have tried MANY weather apps and never once had a problem with the temp in the notification area.
  6. youngdoc

That's really weird. I've had this problem since day one when I got the phone. It was never an issue with my previous phones (Tbolt, Inc., Eris, all stock).
  7. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

I use WeatherBug with no issues.
  8. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

If you don't mind rooting, aokp (rom) has it baked in. :)
    foo likes this.
  9. youngzayiles

youngzayiles Active Member

I use the paid version of beautiful widgets. No problems at all.
  10. cvu524

cvu524 Active Member

Using the paid version of Beautiful Widgets too. No issues whatsoever. Stock Verizon GNex....
  11. litrekid

litrekid Well-Known Member

Weather bug here. No problems.
  12. DannyJSlone

DannyJSlone Well-Known Member

I use be weather pro with no problems. Just make sure if you are still using a task killer to exclude it from your list.
  13. quiklives

quiklives Well-Known Member

There's no reason to be using a task killer to begin with, and plenty of reason not to.
  14. Turdbogls

Turdbogls Well-Known Member

there i fixed that quote for you.
    and a task killer what my one guess as to why its doing this.

i have used a couple different apps to do this, and they all worked just fine for me.
    quiklives likes this.
  15. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Weatherbug Elite :)
  16. streetfish

streetfish Well-Known Member

accuweather
  17. youngdoc

I have never used a task killer, so that isn't it, although I agree that something must be killing it since I'm apparently the only user having this issue. I have now tried Be Weather, accuweather, TWC, 1weather, and weather bug (all free versions) and the temperature notification gets killed in each case, usually after a few hours. My other notifications persist in the notification bar without issue -- my battery level notification and alarm clock, for example. Really frustrating.
  18. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

Have you changed any of the "Developer Options" on the phone, such as "Don't keep activities" or "Background process limit"?
  19. Outatime

Outatime Well-Known Member Contributor

+1 for WeatherBug Elite. I've used that since my old BB days and love it.
  20. bjtcars

bjtcars Well-Known Member

Agreed I think I've tried them all (and keep checking out the new ones) but always rely on Weatherbug elite.
  21. jackdubl

jackdubl Well-Known Member

Just curious, but what is the point of a weather app that updates every three hours? Mine is set to every fifteen minutes.
  22. cvu524

cvu524 Active Member

The more frequent you have the weather update, the quicker the battery drain. I don't need to know what the weather is every 15 min. Mine is set for 3 hrs with auto refresh when i unlock the screen.
  23. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Mine gets updated manually/on demand. Heck, I see no need to have it current as it's not even on the home screen. ;)
  24. infg37

infg37 Well-Known Member

Code (Text):
    doesn't have taskbar notification i think that's what he wants
  25. mscheaf

mscheaf Well-Known Member

I have the same issues. Weatherbug is always 10+ degrees off and accuweather notification bar gets a network error anytime I use the phone, text or actually any other thing besides accuweather causes the network error. So I am still looking for a stable, correct weather app that has notification temps. You wouldn't think that would be that big of a deal, but it is.