• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Weather App

The forecast widget that was reviewed on Phandroid recently works well. You have to purchase the full version for it to auto-update as you travel, but it does what it's supposed to do.

The one thing I don't really like about it is that it takes you to wunderground.com to view more forecast details than the high/low and general conditions for the days that it shows, rather than having a native interface attached to it.

Upvote 0
I am talking about any weather app/widget. I can't seem to find any that work for very long.

As I said, the Forecast Widget one I linked to above works very well. There is a free version, but it won't update your location as you travel - you have to get the paid version for that, but it's worth it. I haven't had it crash or stop working at all since I got it, and I've had it since the day that post on Phandroid was put up.

Upvote 0
As I said, the Forecast Widget one I linked to above works very well. There is a free version, but it won't update your location as you travel - you have to get the paid version for that, but it's worth it. I haven't had it crash or stop working at all since I got it, and I've had it since the day that post on Phandroid was put up.

thanks for the tip but I think I've already tried that one and the widget quits working after a soft reset. I'll try it again and see what happens. Maybe I just need to get the paid one.

Upvote 0
Oh, my bad :D

Not to be an ass if you already know this, but it's often good practice to use the Quote button in that situation.

You're right brohism. I know better than that.

I use the weather channel app. I feel that they did a really nice job on it. The only widget i use is the main clock/weather one. Make sure that you have "use wireless networks" checked under location settings. I turned it off to save battery, but turned it back on to update the weather in different cities. There wasn't much battery drain for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones