Weather App

Last Updated:

1. Captain01

Captain01 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a weather app out there that actually works? It seems like every one that I have tried works for a while and then either stops updating or the widget quits working. Just wondering if ya'll had any suggestions. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. lldsandsll

lldsandsll Well-Known Member

+1, seems like the widget never updates. i'm always in a different city and it's always sunny at night time.

3. cconover

cconover Well-Known Member

The forecast widget that was reviewed on Phandroid recently works well. You have to purchase the full version for it to auto-update as you travel, but it does what it's supposed to do.

The one thing I don't really like about it is that it takes you to wunderground.com to view more forecast details than the high/low and general conditions for the days that it shows, rather than having a native interface attached to it.

4. erjent

erjent Active Member

are you talking about the main clock/weather widget?

5. cconover

6. erjent

erjent Active Member

sorry brohism, I was asking Captain01 the question.

7. cconover

Oh, my bad :D

Not to be an ass if you already know this, but it's often good practice to use the Quote button in that situation.

8. Captain01

I am talking about any weather app/widget. I can't seem to find any that work for very long.

9. cconover

As I said, the Forecast Widget one I linked to above works very well. There is a free version, but it won't update your location as you travel - you have to get the paid version for that, but it's worth it. I haven't had it crash or stop working at all since I got it, and I've had it since the day that post on Phandroid was put up.

10. Captain01

thanks for the tip but I think I've already tried that one and the widget quits working after a soft reset. I'll try it again and see what happens. Maybe I just need to get the paid one.

11. rivercat123

rivercat123 Well-Known Member

I use 2, The Weather Channel I would say is very good, and Weather Bug Elite I would say is excellent. I checked and Weather Bug Elite is working on my phone now but for some reason it is not listed when I do a search in the market.

12. erjent

erjent Active Member

You're right brohism. I know better than that.

I use the weather channel app. I feel that they did a really nice job on it. The only widget i use is the main clock/weather one. Make sure that you have "use wireless networks" checked under location settings. I turned it off to save battery, but turned it back on to update the weather in different cities. There wasn't much battery drain for me.

13. zombdroid

zombdroid Well-Known Member

Use the HTC app, it is very stable and reliable. I have had it on 2 different HTC phones and it has always worked perfectly.