• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Weather application with severe weather alerts ?

anyone knows of a weather application for the evo that is something like berrryweather?.......that it will give you a sever weather alert in the notification bar?Thanks in advance:)

I love weatherbug elite. (you can get the free version too)
it gives you alerts on your task bar....pretty awesome

edit: sorry, should have kept reading.....weatherbug already mentioned....

Upvote 0
New App on the market that does just this
Just $4.99 a year (Your life is worth it)

With TorWarn you will have access to Tornado Warnings, Severe Thunderstorm Warnings, Tornado Watches, and Severe Thunderstorm Watches as soon as they become available. This application Uploads your position to our server which then searches the National Weather Service instantly for Warnings / Watches / Alerts in your area. If you are in a Warning or Watch your phone will be alerted and you can take the necessary actions to protect life and property. Android Weather Alerts

Download Here!

Upvote 0
All of the above are great weather apps. A big factor for me is how local the report is. Living in a small town in Iowa, I like WeatherBug Elite. One, because of the temp icon in the notification bar. Two, because it provides plenty of info and weather alerts (which can be updated as often as every 15 minutes.) And, three (and most important to me,) because the WB station is at our local school so the weather info is as local and accurate as it can get.

Upvote 0
All of the above are great weather apps. A big factor for me is how local the report is. Living in a small town in Iowa, I like WeatherBug Elite. One, because of the temp icon in the notification bar. Two, because it provides plenty of info and weather alerts (which can be updated as often as every 15 minutes.) And, three (and most important to me,) because the WB station is at our local school so the weather info is as local and accurate as it can get.

15 Min for alerts it terrible by that time a tornado has already chewed your house apart and is in the next town TorWarn can get you updates as fast as 5 seconds after they are issued potentially saving your life and giving you the most lead time possible to get to shelter.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones