Weather application with severe weather alerts ?

Last Updated:

1. kkwus74

kkwus74 Well-Known Member

anyone knows of a weather application for the evo that is something like berrryweather?.......that it will give you a sever weather alert in the notification bar?Thanks in advance:)

THEFORCE Well-Known Member

Royberns likes this.
  3. kaisies

kaisies Well-Known Member

I use the weather one he linked... I like it!
  4. kkwus74

thanks ill try it out......i downloaded my cast weather but theres no notifications for severe weather alerts in the notification bar.........
  5. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

Trust me. WC alerts. Almost too many. Changed settings to only get moderate and severe and still got every heat warning while I was in Charleston these last few days. I kept saying "well duh" LOL.
  6. dmcduck

dmcduck Well-Known Member

WeatherBug also has weather alerts. I've used it for ages.

Yeah if you dnt like WC weatherbug is good too
  8. kkwus74

just downloaded it and im digging it:)...thanks....but how do you change the settings? and after reading the alert,does the notification icon go away???....Thanks
  9. berardi1111

berardi1111 Well-Known Member

Not really what you're asking for but I use they said me email weather alerts, full html they look nice and also daily forecasts in the AM. No extra background app running, and wunderground is quite good. They have a nice mobile site too,
  10. dsarch21

dsarch21 Well-Known Member

I love weatherbug elite. (you can get the free version too)
    it gives you alerts on your task bar....pretty awesome

edit: sorry, should have kept reading.....weatherbug already mentioned....
  11. dmcduck

dmcduck Well-Known Member

If you are asking about Weatherbug, yes, the alert icon goes away after you read it (or clear the notifications).

Which settings are you trying to change?
    Royberns likes this.
  12. kkwus74

i was trying the weather channel.......cant seem to be able to channge settings....and the red alert on the notification bar stays there after reading it:(

what about pressing the clear button?
  14. kkwus74

tried that ......doesnt just exits out of the application....
  15. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

I really wish radarscope would come to android already. I love it on my touch and ipad. Best radar app with live alerts.
  16. v01rider

v01rider Well-Known Member

17. aburgthing

aburgthing Well-Known Member

Try Palmary Weather. Best weather app IMHO. Paid in market but worth it. Oh yeah gives severe weather alerts.
  18. Bloomy6

Bloomy6 Well-Known Member

Weatherbug for android is free and has alerts for severe weather. You can even have it send you text messages of severe weather alerts. Super app with lots of features for free
  19. Lennatron

Lennatron Well-Known Member

Go to the market and search: The Weather Channel. It shows weather warnings and watches in the notification bar. You can also get then Nowcast, Hourly, 36 Hour, 10 Day, and a really cool future weather radar map that pinpoints your location.:D
  20. Crodley

Crodley Well-Known Member

21. TulsaTime

TulsaTime Well-Known Member

If you just want severe weather alerts you can also go to & sign up for text alerts for severe weather. They send you a free text message.
  22. AndroidWeather

AndroidWeather New Member

New App on the market that does just this
    Just $4.99 a year (Your life is worth it)

With TorWarn you will have access to Tornado Warnings, Severe Thunderstorm Warnings, Tornado Watches, and Severe Thunderstorm Watches as soon as they become available. This application Uploads your position to our server which then searches the National Weather Service instantly for Warnings / Watches / Alerts in your area. If you are in a Warning or Watch your phone will be alerted and you can take the necessary actions to protect life and property. Android Weather Alerts

Download Here!
  23. Trippmcnealy

Trippmcnealy New Member

"Radar Now" is pretty good for just a radar
  24. kmf

kmf Well-Known Member

All of the above are great weather apps. A big factor for me is how local the report is. Living in a small town in Iowa, I like WeatherBug Elite. One, because of the temp icon in the notification bar. Two, because it provides plenty of info and weather alerts (which can be updated as often as every 15 minutes.) And, three (and most important to me,) because the WB station is at our local school so the weather info is as local and accurate as it can get.
  25. AndroidWeather

AndroidWeather New Member

15 Min for alerts it terrible by that time a tornado has already chewed your house apart and is in the next town TorWarn can get you updates as fast as 5 seconds after they are issued potentially saving your life and giving you the most lead time possible to get to shelter.