Weather Apps and Battery LifeSupport

Last Updated:

1. MonmouthDroid

MonmouthDroid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

There are many threads about weatherbug and how it drains battery life on the droid. I have disabled weatherbug's gps, changed the update interval to 4 hours, and taken the widget off my home screen. I still have the status bar notification. I want to be able to run either this or the widget.

Even after all of this weather bug still uses easily 10x more battery during partial wake (according to spare parts) as the next closest app i have, handcent.

Has anyone found a weather app that is reliable and doesn't destroy your battery life like weather bug does. I have been off charger for 7.5 hours and only have 30 percent left with lite to moderate usage (i have 2.0.1, updated this morning). Seeing as i work 8hours, it takes me 30 minutes to get there, and about an hour to get home (traffic), some days it is cutting it pretty close.

Advertisement
  2. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

And charging your DROID to/from work ... or while at work is out of the question? :confused:

3. MonmouthDroid

MonmouthDroid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

As a matter of fact it is. I work in a school and do not have an office, so to charge it, i would have to leave it laying around in the open where anybody could just grab it and walk off. My car is 20 years old and the cigarret lighter doesn't work, so no charging in the car either. I actually bought a car charger for the phone and that is how i found out that the outlet in my car was broken, since i let my wife drive our 2006 and i drive the 91, charging in the car and at work are both not options.

Edit: I forgot to mention, at work i am constantly going from place to place, not just staying in one area where i can keep an eye on it at least.