weather apps

Last Updated:

1. dizzy

dizzy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Am looking for a weather app that works like the OLD HTC Sense app.

The new weather app HTC included with v2.1 doesn't allow me to add cities that aren't in its list ... frankly I don't give a crap what the weather in Paris or Dubai is! We used to be able to input additional cities, current locations, etc. and swipe thru the list. If there's a way to add cities I haven't found it yet ... anyone know how?

I've looked at the WeatherBug, Accuweather, Weather Channel, etc., etc. apps and while they're nice they don't allow me to EASILY switch from city to city. So, what I'm looking for is EXACTLY what we had before.... Anyone know where I can find that?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

I once had an app called weatherbuddy, I think, and it was alot like that.

3. doesgo

doesgo Well-Known Member

I don't have a new suggestion, but one of the ones you don't care for, the Weather Channel, allows me to easily and quickly switch between my self-stored cities by merely sliding left or right.

4. bill t

bill t Well-Known Member

My beef exactly. Is it possible to ADB remove the current weather app and push the old weather widget? If so, does anyone have a copy they can post?

Thanks.

5. dizzy

dizzy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

doesgo:
    Yes, The Weather Channel app "swipes" thru various locations but by default it displays "current" info ... I'd like to see a 3-4 day forecast for each location without having to change page layouts, etc. Guess I got spoiled by HTC's weather widget!

I just don't understand why HTC decided to supply it's app (old or new version) with a database of cities ... do they think their users are so dumb we couldn't type in the name (or zip code in the US) of a city? The database was a poor idea, which they made worse by eliminating our ability to add cities.