1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Weather Channel App -- Impossible to Turn Off Alerts??

Last Updated:

1. Johnny Cakes

Johnny Cakes Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I like the Weather Channel App, but the alerts are driving me crazy. Maybe I just live in a volatile area, but sheesh it seems like the app is constantly alerting me to heavy rain, then high winds, then this, then that. I don't need any of that! (I have a window.)

Is there any way to turn these alerts OFF?

Advertisement
  2. Tim K

Tim K Well-Known Member Contributor

If you have a place set as "home" you will get alerts. No home, no alerts. That's what they say anyway.

3. thenrik

thenrik Well-Known Member

Hi:

I'm in San Francisco and while severe weather in the rest of the universe would be a tornado, flood, ice storm and so on, the weather channel constantly popped up to warn me it was slightly windy, going to rain--drove me insane. I believe I had set the location and there was no way after that to stop the onslaught of disaster alerts like dire warnings of impending sprinkles.

I finally had to uninstall the Weather Channel but left the widget on the desktop and installed AccuWeather, thankfully sans weather alerts for slightly windy weather.

I'm sure this is a Bay Area only problem. Most places really have severe weather. I have a window too.

Tom

4. Tim K

Tim K Well-Known Member Contributor

Alternatively, use a task killer to shut down the app when you are done using it. That's what I do. Open weather app, check weather, close it, kill it.