Weather channel Force Closing.General

Last Updated:

1. CrazyKnight128

CrazyKnight128 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I use the weather channel app i like it and its usually works but lately The widget is saying that GPS is Unavailable and GPS is turned on, Also when i open the app and try to get my location using GPS is force closes. I was just wondering if anyone was having any of the same problems and maybe a solution.

Advertisement
  2. CrazyKnight128

CrazyKnight128 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I guess no one uses the weather channel app.

3. VanDums

VanDums Well-Known Member

I don't use the weather channel app but I do use the weather widget and after the 2.1 upgrade it force closed every time. I found the solution on one of these forums, go to applications, manage, and go to weather and clear the data. It worked again after that. This could be something totally different though.

4. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

I used to use the Weather Channel app & widget, but like you, I started having problems after the last update. My biggest concern was the constant use of system resources. It continuously runs. Also, the size of the app grows constantly. Mine exceeded 8mb! There's no way to clear the data either.

I just use my Beautiful Widgets for current conditions and a local news channels app for radar and other forecasts.

I still get severe alerts text to me from TWC.

5. DDustiNN

DDustiNN Well-Known Member

This happened to me too (the force closing). I uninstalled, then reinstalled from the market, and have not had a single problem since.

It does not waste battery for me at all.