Weather isn't working properlySupport

Last Updated:

1. holdshort

holdshort Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am on phone #3 since the last two blew out the external speakers. Anyway this one hasn't had the weather working properly since I have received it, even after going to Froyo. It shoes my weather town name as "Current Location" instead of my towns name which the first two Incredibles showed just fine. The phone will occasionally show my town but not always. I have tried updating the weather a couple times but no luck. I also made sure all the location settings were turned on. Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. jayochs

jayochs Well-Known Member

yeah ever since getting froyo i have this too. what the HELL is wiht all these annoying bugs? 2.1 dind't have this bullhsit going on.

so now, randomly says CURRENT LOCATION, instead of my town. ridiculous.

3. jmolek28

jmolek28 Active Member

My phone did this earlier when I went to the other side of the state. Are either of you guys using ATK or anything like that? I will be experimenting with the Weather app in the next few days to see if it is that.

4. jayochs

jayochs Well-Known Member

yeah i use ATK, and i've been not killing anything to do with clock/weather etc, but nothing. still does ti randomly, and when it says "current location" i'm getting a MUCH different weather reading than when it's set to my town, Brick.

5. holdshort

Nope I don't use ATK. It was showing my town again for a little while, now it is back to "Current Location". Maybe it is a problem with Accuweather and has nothing to do with the Incredible or Froyo but who the hell knows.

6. jmolek28

jmolek28 Active Member

Could be, it seems that it is having trouble putting a name to its location. Other than the name, the weather is correct on mine.

7. holdshort

Well just a follow up, I returned phone #3 and received phone #4 and the weather now works just fine so it must have been a problem with the phone in some way. Also the LED's now work on the back using the flashlight program included with 2.2. The phone had a date of 8/23 on it but it didn't come with 2.2 but within 10 minutes of firing the phone up on Friday it was downloading 2.2.