• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Weather & Location Problems!

Taffam

Lurker
Jul 15, 2010
Hi Everyone

I'm hoping somebody can help me here..

I have the standard flip clock and weather widget on my home screen but for some reason, the phone keeps changing my location and will not let me select my 'Current' location as the display weather.

So, for example, if I'm in Radlett, Hertfordshire that is my first or 'Current' location as well as my 'Home', and I have London as my 2nd. The phone automatically selects London to display on the home screen and I cannot change it.

Secondly, my phone is now telling me I'm in all sorts of places - I live just north of London and on Wednesday apparantly I was in Chicago and today I'm in Cleveland. It's been changing the times on the phone (the time in the top right of the status bar but not the time on the flip clock) which has subsequently left me 7 hours behind UK time and I've been missing all my alarms. I can't seem to change it, I've put on GPS and everything and it still thinks I'm in Cleveland.

I've taken off Automatically Detect Settings in time, and changed the zone to GMT and still my wallpaper on the home screen (Grass) shows the night-time image. As soon as I put it back to Automatically Detect Settings it changes the time back to Cleveland time!

Any ideas??

Cheers

I'm not very happy with the weather app either.

I live in a small city (700.000) and while I have the "city" in my weather list, it does at times give me my neighborhood - current location.

That's nice but it is almost always 2-6 degree warmer than the "city". Maybe that's right, no way to tell.

However on my app the sun is still shinning for hours after it is dark outside.

It's not a biggie - you just stick your head outside and you know it's hot but it is annoying to know it's night and the sun is still shinning on my home screen.

All in all though it is much better than being in Cleveland or Chicago.

I don't know if the other weather apps are more accurate, does anyone know of a really accurate one??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones