Weather/News WidgetGeneral

Last Updated:

1. UnexplainedBacon

UnexplainedBacon Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello everyone!

I have been searching for literally hours on this and I've finally decided its worth asking about.

I've got myself an HTC Droid Eris a few days ago. Love it so far. Updated to 2.1 last night with no problems. I was looking at the thread about posting your layout for the 7 home screens and I keep seeing an app/widget that I believe is supposed to be the stock/default news widget.

For an example of what I mean, see this page of the thread, and scroll wayyy down to user Platattack's post:

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/27414-lets-see-your-ui-layout-11.html

Its the very basic gray background, white text, small weather icon on the left widget I am talking about. As near as I can tell this is the news app included in 2.1.... except I dont have it. I have scoured my phone, both in the widgets and app listings. Nothing.

Am I missing something?

Thanks for your help!

PS - also, if I try to launch the "weather" app in the app directory, it loads the screen but then crashes. Every time. I have tried a hard reboot. Still doesnt work. Ideas?

Advertisement
  2. majorpay

majorpay Well-Known Member

Its not stock. Its beautiful widgets (from the market)

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

3. UnexplainedBacon

Ohhh I see, thank you!

As for my weather issue, app still crashing. I have cleared the data from both the weather sync and the HTC Sense. The latter caused me to lose the layout I have been crafting for several hours, so it was disappointing when neither "fix" worked. Guh.

4. UnexplainedBacon

I tried Beautiful Widgets and that news widget was not included in the list. I checked both the HTC and Android widget lists. Wasnt there anywhere. Only things I saw were the on/off switches for things like GPS and wifi. Any suggestions?

Also, my weather app is still crashing, no matter what I do. Any ideas anyone? Its not critical, considering my clock widget accurately forcasts the weather, but its just kind of annoying that the actual weather app will not run whatsoever.

5. surgeon0214

surgeon0214 Well-Known Member

UnexplainedBacon and ttran97 like this.
  6. eddieg

eddieg Well-Known Member

Try clearing the data for the weather worked for me.

7. ttran97

ttran97 Well-Known Member

8. UnexplainedBacon

Thanks Surgeon! That is exactly what I was looking for! You're my hero for the day.

Eddieg, I've tried clearing the data. No luck. S'pose I can do it again though just to be sure. Was having the same issue with another app and clearing the data did in fact work.

9. UnexplainedBacon

Moving this question to a new thread since it is completely different than the title and original question.

10. OhBe1

OhBe1 Well-Known Member

After the update my weather app crashed every time. A factory reset eliminated the problem. Good luck!