Weather on home screen blank???

Last Updated:

1. hairless

hairless Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I shall try and describe my problem.
    On the Desire home screen I have a clock with what should be the weather info underneath which is the standard home screen.

The weather info is blank apart from the name of a nearby village which i believe is where the nearest phone mast is located. (the picture on the box the phone came shows Barcelona with lots of weather info).

If I tap on the blank area next to whe name I get the weather screen opening up with the name of the village where the mast is, and the word "current" in brackets next to it and the info is all showing "0" if I update it the message appears "no weather data available".
    I can chose another location (various pre loaded or choose Manchester UK by searching ) then choosing my desired location which then shows data.

When I return to the main desire home screen the village name is back under the clock with no weather info.

I guess the HTC is trying to get the weather data for the mast location nearest my phone as a default setting,
    I dont know how or if I can override this so that I can have my desired location (ie Manchester uk) wether data showing under the clock on the home page permanently.

Can I override the location of the nearest mast with my chosen location?

Advertisement
  2. JohnnyBravo1000

JohnnyBravo1000 Well-Known Member

Many others, myself included have had this problem.

I solved it by removing the widget - dragging it and dropping it off the bottom of the screen.

Then re-add the widget and manually add your location. If you try that, it may work. :)

hairless likes this.
  3. hairless

hairless Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanx, I didnt realise it was the clock widgett, did what U suggested and voila!!

4. JohnnyBravo1000

No worries, mate. Happy to help! :)

5. chuksy

chuksy Member

I just noticed that my HTC Time/weather widget has just disappeared from the home screen.

Ive searched through the widgets menu to replace it but can't find it.

Please can someone help me. How do i put back the HTC[​IMG] Time/weather widget back on my home screen.

Am using the Desire.

Thanks

6. chattygirl

chattygirl Active Member

As above, its the clock widget. Click the + button on bottom left of screen, click widgets and should be able to see clock in the list. Once you select it there are 12 styles to scroll through and pick.
    Hth

7. chuksy

chuksy Member

Thanks a million

8. xenole

xenole Well-Known Member

I've come to the conclusion that it's impossible to get the weather in my entire home county of N.E. Lincs. If I pop to say Lincolnshire, and to some village or town like Woodhall Spa, no problem.

9. JohnnyBravo1000

Have you tried removing the widget, then re-adding it to the home screen and adding your desired location manually?

That has worked for a lot of people. If you have tried that and been unsuccessful, then I'm stumped.

10. FelixofMars

FelixofMars Well-Known Member

I didn't know you could add whole county's, I just added Cambridge as the home town as its 20 mins from home and I work there. Maybe its because Lincoln's the back of beyond* :p

* I have friends there used to live there for most of my growing up life.

Maybe its worth gathering all these threads up and stickying the weather widget problem. seems common.

11. beefy505

beefy505 Member

I'm Skegness and it does the same for me, shows the weather for the small village of Burgh Le Marsh 3 miles away when it picks up their tower but nothing for Skeggy which is a major town. I can't put the town in manualy either as it won't recognise it.

It does manage to pickup Old Hunstanton every now and then which is nice as it's 10 miles across the wash in Norfolk!

12. xenole

xenole Well-Known Member

It comes up with "North East Lincolnshire" on my home screen but nothing else.

Tried removing widgets, adding them, entering names but nothing.

13. angie-htc39

angie-htc39 New Member

i have a slightly different problem with the weather icon......i visited bournemouth and now all the weather icon does is show me bournemouth as current??? how do i change "current" to my actual location???? which is listed but just wont become current.....its driving me mad please someone help!!! :eek:)