Weather still working? It has long spelling on my state today.General

Last Updated:

1. droid-dohrk

droid-dohrk Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

The default HTC Weather app isn't working today after I restarted my phone after a test.

The Current location 1/2 says Albuquerque, New Mexico. It says "No weather data available"

The 2/2 entry I programed is Albuquerque, NM and that works.

I just added a 3rd Dallas, TX and that works.

Something is odd. It's using the long spelled out state name for the Current location and that doesn't seem to be found in the Weather server when it checks. Just the 2 letter state names seem to work.

Rick

Advertisement
  2. iandroidian

iandroidian Active Member

same here, my weather have not worked properly since yesterday after it locked up.

3. droid-dohrk

Well I downloaded DigiClock ( you can change the Theme(Color), I chose Blue) and I downloaded The Weather Channel (it's widget is Blue). They almost match in color. Then you run the DigiClock app under programs to configure it. Click "Tap Launches" and wait a little bit (about 30 seconds, it's building a list of all your programs) and choose Clock. Now it works like the default HTC Clock widget and when you click it on the screen, you get the clock/alarm/stopwatch app to open.

4. droid-dohrk

Weather isn't working on my wife's phone either. Same issue. Well, I don't like the Weather Channel widget either. 1/2 the time I look at the phone it says "Weather Unavailable" in the widget. If you click it, it opens up a full screen version and that works every time. I really like the look of TWC when it works, but it really bugs me to see it blank a lot. I tried accuweather, but I don't like it. Anyone else?

5. tarponbeach

tarponbeach Well-Known Member

Not working here in Maryland either. They must be down.

6. droid-dohrk

I think what the problem is, is that in the past few days, your location name changed. The state is spelled out now. In the past I was in Albuquerque, NM Something changed and now I'm in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The HTC weather is contacting some database and it doesn't have an entry for Albuquerque, New Mexico, it only knows about Albuquerque, NM. If I Add a city and select, you'll notice that every thing has a 2 letter state, CA, NM, TX and those all work.

7. Blizzard

Blizzard Well-Known Member

I think that widget works on GPS. If you have your GPS turned off or you are inside, it will not update to present location.