Weather stops updating after Norton Security installedSupport

Last Updated:

1. rhesus42

rhesus42 New Member This Topic's Starter

Oct 27, 2012
    I've recently installed the free version of Norton security on my TF300. It's good to have something to scan for malware, and it's great that Norton provides a free version. However, it seems that certain settings in Norton prevent the standard home page weather widget from updating.

Specifically, if I enable regular runs of Norton Live Update, weather widget updates start failing. Turning off the scheduled update restores normal weather widget operation.

2. peterc10

peterc10 Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    I haven't used Norton for many years because I got fed up with it filling my PC with bloatware that thought in knew better than I did about how I should work. I went over to AVG and have had no real problems since on my PC.

I would recommend that you delete Norton and try using AVG's version for Android, to see if that works better. I have it on my tf300 and it causes me no problems at all. Having said that I have ditched the standard weather widget that came with the tf300 and installed a combined clock and weather widget from HD widgets, which is much better