• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Weather & Toggle Widget stuck??

Howdy all,

I have been happily using Weather & Toggle widget since getting my Droid a few months ago. All of a sudden though it will not refresh the weather or forecast. This is true even if I do a forced refresh. I have also tried removing the clock/weather widget from my screen and re-adding it. No luck. It remains stuck on yesterday's high of 80 degrees and sunny. Considering its cloudy about about 65 today this is clearly wrong. It was showing 80/sunny at 5am this morning when it was still dark!

Also, in the 4 day forecast section you get by tapping the weather portion of the widget, it starts with Tuesday. It should start with today, Wednesday.

Any suggestions? This is by far my favorite app/widget so far but its completely useless if it remains stuck like this. =(

Thanks!

I am not sure how it works if you delete and app you paid for. I would suspect, it you delete it, and part of the goal is to then flush all of the data, you would also flush the code that tells the app it has been paid for and thus, pay again. BUT, you also have a receipt from gMail and purchase that you bought it, so that might get them to help you out. have you tried their support options?

Upvote 0
I tried this app out yesterday and it tried to update however, the information that it retrieved from the weather server is incorrect. It seemed to be stuck at the same temp. all day even when I manually refreshed. So I deleted while still under my 24 hours. Hopefully they will get this fixed soon, good widget, just needs to find a different feed to pull the weather info from.

Upvote 0
Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but the Weather & Toggle Widget stopped updating yesterday on my Moto Droid X. I've been using the widget for a year or so, and it's version 7.17. I deleted the widget from my home screen and put it back on my home screen, but it didn't help. Now it shows no forecast and 32 degrees. It's 80 degrees outside so it's stuck. I thought about deleting it and reinstalling it, but it's no longer on the play store. Google Play just says it's a bad link and doesn't list it at all. I paid for the weather add-on. I'm hesitant to delete the widget, and I'm hoping it will start working again. Is it gone from Google Play for good? Anyone else having problems updating the temperature and forecast using the widget?

p.s. It's getting my location and showing the time, but no weather and the temperature is stuck at 32 degrees. I tried putting in a different city for the weather, but it still shows 32 degrees.

Upvote 0
Posting here in case anyone else has the same problem. It seems Google shut down their weather API. Since the Weather & Toggle Widget appears to no longer be available or have a developer, it's unlikely that the widget will be updated to use another source for weather info. As a result, the weather app appears to be useless. That's a bummer since I paid for the forecast add-on.

I've switched to Fancy Widgets which is still being developed and allows the user to choose between Google and Accuweather as a weather source. Accuweather is working on Fancy Widgets while Google weather does not currently work, but the dev may fix this in the future.

See this discussion for more info: Weather Widget not working - xda-developers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones