• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Weather unavailable in "News and Weather" app?

The "News and Weather" app hasn't been showing weather for a few weeks, just a "Sorry, weaher currently unavailable" Refreshing used to work, now that has stopped working as well. And ideas?
Just get Beautiful Widgets, it's a thousand times better and free in getjar (legal) completely themable and puts weather info in notification bar if you want it to :D.

Upvote 0
SETTINGS
LOCATION & SECURITY
You'll want to tick USE WIRELESS NETWORKS and USE GPS SATELLITES once you do, an 'google agreement' popup will appear , tick AGREE. Now go to your weather and refresh - worked for me - hope it works for you too!! :)

OMG! Thank you SO much. My wife's Cricket phone with 2.3 on it stop updating the weather last week. She told me she tried other apps but didn't like any. She likes the one that has the graph and you can see by hour how it looks like on this JQuery type graph. News was updating fine not weather. I turned both on (they were off). It didn't work right away. It took a minute or two. I tried to type my zip code and it errored. So, I just left it on by location. Within 1 to 2 minute it just appeared.

Thank you, thank you!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones