• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Weather Widget/Calculator upgrading - Downgrading?

mslisaj

Android Enthusiast
Feb 11, 2010
Klamath Falls, Oregon
With the upgrade from 1.5 to Damages 2.1 I have notice a loss of some functionality of the stock weather widget and calculator. I just accepted these facts until in other forums I have read about folks experiencing/noticing the same down grade of these two apps. Specifically the with the weather widget you could add locations to the data base and with the 2.1 version you have lost that ability. With the calculator, the 1.5 version had a much better looking User Interface and had the additional function of figuring percentage with a % button.

Some where do the older versions of these two programs exist and can they be installed on the Hero after the newer versions have been removed? Granted the newer versions of those two widgets work fine on my phone now but I have lost those mentioned functions and if I could get them back with changing the versions of the apk's I would gladly do it............

Just a thought and thanks for the suggestions or comments..........

Lisa :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones