Weather Widget Cant Find Location Help!

Last Updated:

1. hboogie

hboogie New Member This Topic's Starter

ok i've googled and looked at other topics and i just can't find a solution to this, so many someone else had a similar situation and thus maybe can help?

my Hero rebooted itself when i cut it off and cut it back on due to aggravation of lag. after spending half the day fooling with getting back some apps, my contacts from google and the whole issue with syncing facebook to my contacts. i thought i could easily just look up my city for the weather widget location.

well before the reboot my weather showed just fine, my location and everything. now my city isn't even in the data base and my gps and such is turned on. some of the directions ive read on using the gps to find my location has become a headache because i don't think i have those features.

when i go into my weather settings and click the + sign it goes straight to search location. i type in the name of my city and it doesn't come up.

this would be so annoying if it didn't show my city and surrounding areas before the reboot.

could somebody please help? this is driving me crazy.

Advertisement
  2. Faqade

Faqade Active Member

Not too sure about your problem but maybe try one of these options in the phone settings menu:

Location - Use wireless networks 'Location determined by Wi-fi and/or mobile networks'

Accounts and sync > Background data 'Applications can sync, send and receive data at any time'

Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Enable always-on mobile data

If you haven't got a data plan or whatever then I'm not sure if any of these do/will use a lot of data, someone else will probably reply with a better answer than mine soon mate.

3. Potsy

Potsy Member

The weather widget was lagging my phone. I just have an analog clock on there with no weather and a seperate WeatherBug Widget which always is update for weather

4. andygo

andygo Member

My weather shows my current location to be southport which is correct. Only trouble is it seems to be Southport in Newfoundland judging by the very cold temperatures it display. I live in Southport, Uk. Can't seem to find a way of changing it to the correct Southport...