Weather Widget-Free and WiFi widgetsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. JKib

JKib Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

OK, first the formalities so you don't have to ask: I'm running the manual install of OTA 2.1 and I've done a factory data reset (which solved many problems for me).

After installing 2.1, I went crazy on the market downloading bunches of new apps. Then my WiFi widget started acting up. Sometimes it would work fine. Others it would only turn on WiFi but I'd have to go into settings to actually connect to my network. So, I began trouble shooting. Seemed to happen with other WiFi widgets, also, even the stock Power Widget. I uninstalled most of the new apps and the problem went away. I began reinstalling and all was fine until I got to Weather Widget-Free by Android Apps.

So, I'm not sure why, but I believe Weather Widget-Free is somehow messing up WiFi widgets. I was hoping a few of you using WiFi widgets would help me confirm so I can detail the problem to the devs.

Please install Weather Widget-Free by Android Apps (sorry, I don't know how to do the bar code link thing).
    Place the Tiny Widget and set it to 30 min updates.
    Let it run for a day and see if your WiFi widget continually makes proper connections.
    If it fails, post back.

Oh, and to fix it, all I've had to do is remove the Tiny Widget and turn off my phone.

Any other suggestions are welcome.

Advertisement