1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Weather Widget (HTC Hero)

Last Updated:

1. Willis1776

Willis1776 New Member This Topic's Starter

Okay... So I just got a HTC Hero (my 1st android device) and am trying to set everything up. I'm having a little trouble with the weather widget. It found my location just fine and is giving the weather correctly. The problem that I run into is when I am searching for other cities to add.

For example: I used to have an iphone and I would just type in the zip code or city, state. It would find any city or zipcode that I enter. With the hero it doesn't find anything except for major cities. Is there any way to get smaller cities to show up. I trying to get some city in Maryland and PA but it won't find anything and there are no big cities near it.

Thanks for any help.

Advertisement
  2. JoeC

JoeC Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I think that we're stuck with the major city seach for the weather widget. I'm not sure if it's an HTC or Android limitation, but I would like the zip code option myself.

3. Willis1776

Willis1776 New Member This Topic's Starter

Interesting.... especially since when it uses your "My Location" it is actually using the small city that I'm located in which isn't available in the search function.

Well.... Does anybody know of another weather widget that provides this (free/paid) and looks as nice as the HTC widget? Thanks.