Weather widget not workingSupport

1. Neera

Neera Well-Known Member

Noticed this morning that my weather widget (using Beautiful Widgets) is not updating even after trying to manually refresh it.

I removed the widget and when I re-added it to the home screen I got this message (see attachment): "Google ended their API Google Weather".

Is anyone else experiencing this problem as well?

Attached Files:

Advertisement
    :
  2. Tim K

Tim K Well-Known Member Contributor

Yes/No. Google is no longer providing weather services to apps, so you just have to go into the BW settings and select "accuweather" as the provider of weather services.
    Neera likes this.
  3. Neera

Neera Well-Known Member

Thanks Tim, but since BW removed the Google option only the Accuweather one remained which had been working fine till today, but for some reason it doesn't anymore now.

Switched to "One more clock widget" for now and it works beautifully.
  4. nj02vette

nj02vette Well-Known Member

Yeah, BW seems to be broken for me as well.

I'm sure the developer will update quickly.
  5. Tim K

Tim K Well-Known Member Contributor

I'm running BW version 4.12 with no problems. Have you tried clearing data/cache on the app or reinstalling it? Maybe its got some old google weather data jamming it up.... or try force stopping it and then re-applying the widget.
  6. Neera

Neera Well-Known Member

Strange indeed. Today it seems to be working again...

Gonna stay with "One more clock widget" for a little while longer. Kinda enjoying the "Chrome Rings" widget/theme.
  7. kennychaffin

kennychaffin Well-Known Member

My samsung GIII /verizon accuweather widget has been broken since Sunday 10/7 it is not updating either automatically or manually. Anyone else?
  8. nj02vette

nj02vette Well-Known Member

No explanation by my BW is working again as well.
  9. kennychaffin

kennychaffin Well-Known Member

Working here again too, I restarted the phone and that may have fixed it, not really sure cause it didn't seem to be working on restart, but then it started working...
  10. kippydon

kippydon New Member

hi have had same problem this morning, it just stopped.. how to change on experai T
  11. CraigCH

CraigCH New Member

I had the same problem on my S3 and just figured it out. It only refreshes when the GPS is turned on. I prefer not to leave my GPS on all the time, but if you turn the GPS on, and then hit the refresh on the weather widget, it will update immediately, then you can turn the GPS off. I still might look for another weather widget.