Weather Widget questionsTips

Last Updated:

1. jnadelman

jnadelman Member This Topic's Starter

I have some questions on the weather widget. This is just the default one that comes with phone.

I thought it was supposed to update to your current location? I have the gps on and I even forced a manual refresh, but it is stuck on my home town.

The other problem is really odd. My wife's phone is showing one town over from us, not our town. And when she tries to add our town, it doesn't even find it. Yet it is on mine. We tried using the name and the zip code and it doesn't find either. How odd is that? Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

Mine refreshes every 3hrs (per the setting). I drive for a living and it always updates the new location.

3. jnadelman

jnadelman Member This Topic's Starter

Do you have your GPS on during that? I don't have my auto refresh set, but I have done manual refreshing (the button on the bottom left), but that doesn't work.

4. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

Yes GPS is on (I keep it on for Weather & Latitude) and Auto-Refresh is on as well.

5. mrkhone

mrkhone Member

i have that same problem to. kinda annoying. it was working just fine then i guess one day it just quit. plus i can't change the settings. they're grayed out

6. bobTX10

bobTX10 Well-Known Member

Ok weird question but when I saw all the demos of the EVO on youtube and showed the weather animation the sun would be shining. Mine doesn't do that. All I keep saying is clouds and im getting tired of that. It shows the sun but no sun animation

7. Nerve

Nerve Well-Known Member

My weather icon is glitchy as well. I live in Raleigh, NC and for some reason it keeps reverting to Charlotte, NC. Charlotte is about 3 hours away so I don't really know how this is happening.

My theory is that its running off of my ISP which I think has a central location in Charlotte. I have the location/GPS turned off. It's just a guess but I cant come up with anything else.

8. dgrobe2112

dgrobe2112 Well-Known Member Contributor

mrkhone: go to menu, settings, accounts and sync, and set auto sync.. that will allow you to set it up to auto update..