Weather Widget Won't SyncSupport

Last Updated:

1. tkoegler

tkoegler New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

New Droid owner. Longtime WM and BB user. Had my Droid for about three weeks now and I'm having WAY too much fun exploring all that is available on the Android platform. I am definately sold on it!

I have been on tech forums for a long time and know the drill...search is your friend. I tried multiple search strings and can't find what I'm looking for.

My problem is.......I have installed Weather Widgets and am using the "Weather and Flip Clock" widget on my home screen. IT WON'T UPDATE! This is made worse by the fact that I rely on the widget clock instead of the little one on the notification bar. However, sometimes I will look at both and find that the widget clock is as much as 3 hours off.

When I force refresh, it will work for a while and then stop refreshing again.

Also, several times the temp has been off. And I mean WAY off. I am in Northern Virginia and it hasn't been over 55 degrees in a long time but yesterday at 8:20pm by the widget clock (really 9:45pm) it said that it was 81 degrees! I wish!

Has anyone else seen this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. astrobill

astrobill Well-Known Member

yeah...there are at least three other threads on this one.

3. tkoegler

tkoegler New Member This Topic's Starter

Astro-

Thank you for your reply. Thank you also for editing it to be a little less flaming than your original reply.

As I said in my original post, I am a new member here but I am not at all new to tech forums, specifically those geared toward the mobile phone industry. Having been a longtime member of numerous BB and WM forums, I do know and understand the protocol here.

As indicated in my original post, I did use the search function before posting my problem. In fact I have been using it since to try and find a resolution to my issue.

I have tried "weather widget won't sync", "weather widget sync problem", "weather widget wrong time", "weather widget wrong temp", etc. I find either no posts, my own post or a post regarding facebook syncing.

My post went unanswered for 6 days. That is until you felt the need to point out that "there are between three and ten billion other threads on this one" (then edited to current reply). If that were the case, I imagine that someone else would have either, a. answered my post, or b. beat you to the punch on the flaming.

I apologize if I caused you to waste your time to post the reply you did. In the future, maybe you could just point a frustrated fellow member in the right direction.

If you do indeed know of other threads related to my Weather Widget issue, a link would be greatly appreciated.