Weather WidgetSupport

Last Updated:

1. Halainn317

Halainn317 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I trashed the pre-installed weather widget and downloaded the Weather Channel widget, but it's not refreshing the temperature. This is the same reason I got rid of the pre-installed version. Anyone know why this happens? I also have Advanced Task Killer, could this be the culprit?

Advertisement
  2. Vmanisme

Vmanisme Well-Known Member

First of, delete ATK, we've been saying over and over and proving that it does nothing good to your phone, and the weather widget wont update unless you have sync turned on (which drains battery faster)

Halainn317 likes this.
  3. Halainn317

Thank you :) I'm new to Ally and the forums so I'm just curious, what is it that makes ATK so horrible? Is it just saying it's closing tasks and really not?

4. Vmanisme

Android is not a windows, its a linux, no linux system comes with a task killer because it manages memory differently. When you close something with ATK and the system needs it then it has to give more horsepower to start it back up and since ATK closes everything right after you end a task it just gets reopened. ATK runs in background too so it uses memory that it free's pretty much. Not to mention getting addicted to killing tasks and spending more time using the phone to kill tasks then just letting it sit there.

5. Halainn317

:D Wow, that's great to know! So I guess you really don't need a task killer at all. Thank you

6. RedFury

RedFury Well-Known Member

While I agree ATK is bad, a task manager is still a good thing. It's a matter of which you choose. The problem with ATK is that it tends to kill processes without discrimination. That means system processes and things you actually use.

7. Robo1007

Robo1007 Well-Known Member

If you want an awesome weather widget try beautiful widgets! Its great doesn't kill battery and looks amazing!

8. Halainn317

Which task killer would you suggest then? Also, just wondering if the Live Wallpapers kill your battery faster?

9. Vmanisme

No task killer at all and yes live wallpapers kill your battery.

10. RedFury

RedFury Well-Known Member

To be honest, I don't use one but i know people who could not live with their phone without it. The best option is to search through and find one that works for you.

You may even find you don't need one, but that choice is yours. It's your phone, figure out what works best for you!

11. Vmanisme

Yeah he has a point I guess, were just here to tell you based on our experience in the end you decide

12. Halainn317

Thank you everyone!