weather?

Last Updated:

1. pitbullcrazyinky

pitbullcrazyinky Member This Topic's Starter

Only problem I see with my 2.2 Froyo updated is the weather on my phone says im in another city about 15 miles away.

Just noticed that why typing this the texting part is a little sluggish.

Advertisement
  2. ebc1973

ebc1973 Well-Known Member

I get this all the time. I live about 15 miles from my girlfriend's house, two cities over. It constantly shows my hometown in the weather widget when I am at her house, and sometimes I have to hit refresh multiple times to get it to update properly. It makes no sense whatsoever!!

3. xuohtx

xuohtx Member

I have the same issue. I thought it was mostly because I connect through an Airave at my house. With 2.1 I would still get the correct city from time to time. With 2.2 I have yet to see the right city while I am at home. Other strange thing, Weather doesn't even recognize my city if I try to type it in. I live in Frisco, TX a suburb of Dallas, every other weather, gps, navigation etc app knows where that is.

4. JinCA

JinCA Well-Known Member

This would happen to me from time to time when I had 2.1 but the majority of the time I would have the right city on the screen or hitting reset once or twice on the weather screen would fix it, unfortunately with 2.2 I can't get my city to show up no matter how many times I reset the weather app. If I drive further into my city it will come up but now it always says I'm in a city 5 miles from me. The funny thing is when I'd get the wrong city before it was a city called South Gate which about 5 miles north of me, now it says paramount which is 5 miles west of me, it would never say paramount b4. I know it's not life or death but I want them to get this thing fixed, I use GPS to find my location and it still does not help.

5. JinCA

JinCA Well-Known Member

I just got off the phone with HTC and the guy told me how to fix this and it worked at least so far, you hit menu then settings then applications, hit the all tab at the top then go down to weather provider then clear the data and then back to the home screen go into the weather app and type in your city and that should do it or at least it did for me.

6. pitbullcrazyinky

pitbullcrazyinky Member This Topic's Starter

didn't work for me. i had the same issues others stated with 2.1 but the refresh would fix that.

i'll give it a few days and try again